Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [OFFICIAL] Rules Clarification

World
    Zeus
    Who would I ask or where would I go to see what specific rights I have to make a youtube video of Castle Empire? or while I am on the topic, any game. For instance I wish to make a small gameplay of Castle Empire of about 13 Minutes, including the game music and sounds as well as commentary from myself. In the description I include the link to the official game site Ex. http://www.castleempireonline.com/en/home

(I also wish to make a youtube Video of FarCry3 when it comes out. I shall obtain a copy by preording it. Seeing this is a Ubisoft Game, I suppose i can get an answer for that as well) Please and thank you.

Recruit
    The Great ShuttlePilot strikes again! Nice post my friend.

Recruit
    i am with some of these other peepl here on the kicking peepl for helping others isnt that what guilds/allis are for is to help each other to grow and defend each other
    it makes little sense to me that we can not help our guild friends to gain res that they are having trouble gathering on there own.
    so why would you make it so that there would be no purpose to have a guild in the first place
    and the pvp is going to make it hard to have extra res to build troops so trading swords and other weapons is not going to be a good choice then
    and even if you prevent peepl from doing one sided trades then you still have one person getting picked on by multiple thru guilds so if you prevent pushing you would have to prevent multiple peepl attackin the same enemy to gether which kind of gets rid of war in any sense if rome had not of made allies it would have never succeded and neither would have any of the major powers in the world even to date so pvp would be ruined in the end run so
    to me it make no sense to ban peep for helping there allies and ect if they have the resources to do it
    an alliance is only as strong as its weakest link so by preventing peepl from helping each other then you make more problems when pvp comes into play

d2_rocks
    So if my definition of a guild, is to help anyone, in any way possible. then too much free trades will now be banned?

I would understand if all the resources are sent to one person, the ban is justifiable, but what about a couple of trades to guild members

Doesn't make any sense.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    dumbest rule ever. you want to do rules like this go make a game in china not in a country with a free market system. I sell what I want for whatever price i feel like. Its my money spent on this game, you cant tell me what I can do with it. you want to try and control how much I can sell and at what price? thats BS. I want to help my friend grow and you tell me I cant help him, whats the point of having guilds. Guilds are about teamwork and family type relationships. its about being one with many. This game is set on the basis of a free market system aka america not some communist country who tells us what to do. Fix your rules before people starting leaving. Maybe try harder to get pvp going instead of these fruit cake rules that try to control us from helping out others.
    Last edited by Bishop21; 04-20-12 at 06:42 pm.

Banned
    These rules seem to greatly oppose on how I was raised. I was raised to give anything I have extra of without expectations of return.
    I gladly give my extra resources to my guildmates who are in need without anything in return. I cannot comprehend why this is seen as a unacceptable act on here.
    These rules go against my personal morals and my culture. I'd rather risk being banned than to do the injustice of hoarding when others are in need.

Recruit
    I agree with the single account rule, but the trade rule...absolutely no need. Guilds are for the higher level people to help the lower level people level faster by giving resources. When pvp comes, I want a good fight, not the higher level people rolling over the lower level people because they couldn't get the help to put up a fight. I think that they should repeal this rule so when pvp comes we all can have some fun!!!

Recruit
    Well...
    Seeing as I am a paying customer of this game, and have so far spent a substantial amount of money on it - and intend to continue to do so - I have difficulties in accepting the pushing rule as it is spelled out at this time. (Oh, and the keyboard warriors who love to point out that this is sooo simple and if we don't like it we are stupid and should leave, please be quiet for a moment. Thank you.)

Naturally, I see the point of not being allowed to spam a brand new useraccount with massive amounts of resources, to enable this player to fly up the ranks and suddenly become overpowered compared to age - in a PVP-based system. However, there is no PVP at the moment and, knowing the speed with which things happen here, it might take a "little" time for it to be implemented. Also, the rules regarding pushing does NOT state clearly enough how in-guild trading can be conducted, despite the besserwissers on here who like to poke fun at people who wants this clarified. There is confusion, and forum warriors are not in the position to help dissolve the confusion, leave that to the powers behind the game. But I digress.

As stated by others above, being in a guild has, at the moment, only one advantage apart from the obvious social level: Giving and/or receiving help from your fellow members. If I am a wealthy and well-to-do player in my guild, and I wish for all my members to become as developed, high-levelled and strong as possible to the benefit of the entire guild, am I then not allowed to send them my excess resources in exchange for a symbolic amount? And if not; why on earth is it so? There is no "unfair advantage" to this; every single guild have the option to do just this if they so desire; and what on earth do I want with 50k fir wood logs and a daily surplus of several thousand? Hoard them or sell them on the open market for 1 fish just to get them out of my WH, or could I send whatever I don't need/want myself to a low-ranking fellow member and help him out?

There need to be more direct guidelines for this. And considering the current state of the game (No PVP, no ingame ranking system and whatnot), the only pushing I see it beneficial to prevent, is the funnelling of resources to a multi-account. Funnelling resources to a friend and fellow guildmember to aid his growth is not something that should be criminalized, and I find it very questionable if this is indeed the case. Please advise.

Banned
    I see why they are doing this... it isn't because of game balance at all. Picture a well established guild, plenty of members who are high level and well off.
    Now lets say one of the members gets a real life friend to play the game and has her join the guild. If everyone pitches into helping her grow in both resources and even taking her own early adventures for loot she will expand extremely quickly. This greatly interferes with any reason to buy gems for the game as she simply would never need to, she will quickly be able to buy noble deeds from other players as well as other gem items.

So in the end it seems to be more about money as a aided player is less likely to find the desire to buy gems.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Guys your thinking of this too close-minded. When they say "pushing" this is the act of making a SECOND OR THIRD ETC. account and giving YOURSELF resources only. This is not when you give millions of trades to your guild, they obviously understand that if they are giving back etc that they are just being helped. Pushing usually follows the act of one person to another(though they did mention giving all your stuff to one person to make a zomg army). Like I already said if a whole guild was giving things to multiple people it should be fine. Also, there's the fact that once they reach a higher level 28+ area they stop asking so much and they probably look for it when people start getting around the mid-way level point.

Reply to Thread