Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chat rooms disappear

Teacher

Chat rooms disappear

I'm new to the game, and so far I like it very much. But I'm puzzled about something that may be not a bug but a feature: When I start up the game, I see four chat areas: Global, Help, Whisper and News. Usually after I've been on a while, they all disappear but News. I haven't spotted the pattern yet, so I can't say what I was doing just before it happens. But right now all I see is the News chat, and I'd kind of like to keep an eye on the others. Is there some button I can hit to restore them? I don't see this mentioned in one of the bug threads, so maybe it's only me.

This happens when you have lost the connection with the server. If you have not been actively performing tasks in the game, after a while the game will time you out.

Teacher
    So my only fix is to start the game over?

World
    Zeus
    All you have to do is to log out of the game and log back in. Basically a cookie did not load properly and has to be reloaded. Also be sure to keep your cookies and cache cleaned regularly to prevent this from happening in the future.

Teacher
    I was willing to believe it had to do with inactivity. But no, it just happened twice while I was still doing things; I doubt I'd been away from the keyboard more than a minute or two. And if it's an improperly loaded cookie, why does it happen a) every time, and b) only after I've been on a while instead of right away? Any other theories? I wouldn't at all mind knowing some way to prevent it, or to fix it without having to log on again.

Oh, and by the way, it appears that I don't have to actually log off and on; it's fixed if I just reload the page.

Seems as though you are having the same issue as discussed here. You may want to post there as well.

Recruit
    I have been booted from chat atleast ten times in the last 3 hours all while i was building and attacking bandits it is starting to be a problem

Teacher
    I thought maybe it would go away with the game update today, but no, it's still happening.

Teacher
    Armin, I haven't been having trouble with being timed out. So far I've been told I've been timed out just once since I started playing a few days ago, and I had been inactive a good length of time then. This is happening while I'm looking elsewhere on the screen; I look back at the chat area and notice that I have just the News chat, nothing else. It happens pretty much every time I'm on, if I look away more than a few minutes at a time. I haven't yet figured out what causes it.

I don't know what is causing your issue if that is when it is happening. The only time my Chat has an issue is when I have been inactive.

Reply to Thread