View Poll Results: Does adding this level of complexity sound good to you?

Voters
21. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

16 76.19%
  • Maybe, but...

2 9.52%
  • No!

3 14.29%
Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple paths to victory

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Multiple paths to victory

After a bit of thinking I noticed that there seems to be a relatively straight forward path to "victory" in this game. It seems to be that players run through the tutorial, then clearing their island, then work on adventures. I like the fact that adventures have been added since when I first started playing Settlers Online (the German version of this game) there did not appear to be adventures.

When Settlers 7 came out, I really liked the idea that there were many different routes to victory and that society appeared to be broken down in a way that resembled what we're taught in school as medieval society (i.e. military, religious, and economic). Would it be possible to add in these aspects to Castle Empire as well?

For example, would it be possible to gain experience through trade or economic goals (i.e. produce x amount of goods within x time) or, in the case of religious, build monasteries which allow users to create books which can in turn be used to spread ideas, increase training time (like a manual would), or any other number of possibilities.

I think that this would allow for a greater complexity to the game.

(I have included a poll for a vote: Yes - sounds like a good idea. Maybe, but... - You like the idea, but there's something missing. No - sounds like a bad idea.)
    Last edited by Johannas; 11-20-11 at 06:41 pm.

Awesome thread, need to keep adding new things and depth to the game for higher level players to keep interest as many of us are now quickly approaching level 50 so I'd love to see things like this and PvP added not too far into the new year and keep the game evolving and interesting.
    Honey Badger

Reply to Thread