Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chat server never found!

Recruit
    I've been having this issue too. Seems to have gotten worse in January/lately. It shows the same "Connecting to chat server" message on the Whisper tab every time I log in. Only the News tab works, sometimes. Game works fine, everything else is loaded though I haven't seen any of these new quests I have been hearing were coming. I do recall a message saying quests were temporaily turned off though.

Specs:
    Firefox 9.0.1
    Linux Ubuntu 11.10 with Xfce over top
    NoScript Firefox Plugin V2.2.5

NoScript is currently allowing three sites to run scripts from http://www.castleempireonline.com/en/play:
    1. castleempireonline.com
    2. ubi.com
    3. google-analytics.com

Is the chat service running through a different site? Hmm...

According to the page source the above three sites are referred to, as well as:
    1. diesiedleronline.de and 2. 50.56.15.108:80
    The former appears to be a backup site (?) and the latter seems to be chat related...

This process resolved it for me. Looks like a NoScript issue.
    1. Logout of CastleEmpireOnline
    2. Go to NoScript options and added the five domains above to the whitelist.
    3. Go into Firefox preferences and clear the cache.
    4. May or may not be needed but I ended up restarting my computer for a different reason and when it booted back up (firefox restarted) all five tabs were working on next login.

May only be a valid fix for users with NoScript plugins.

Quote Originally Posted by DarknessFalls View Post
    Those who post issues and problems can they post what browser u use because it does help Ubisoft determine if its certain browsers having issues or all so they can fix the problem sooner. This happens random times to me and Im using firefox version 10.0. The biggest Issue I do have right now is having to login multiple times before the game loads correctly.
    Thank you for stating this, I will say they if you are using a beta browser most of which are not as compatible with the game as simply using the current version, for Firefox I think 8 is current and 10.0 would be considered beta version.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir-Aguila View Post
    I've been having this issue too. Seems to have gotten worse in January/lately. It shows the same "Connecting to chat server" message on the Whisper tab every time I log in. Only the News tab works, sometimes. Game works fine, everything else is loaded though I haven't seen any of these new quests I have been hearing were coming. I do recall a message saying quests were temporaily turned off though.

Specs:
    Firefox 9.0.1
    Linux Ubuntu 11.10 with Xfce over top
    NoScript Firefox Plugin V2.2.5

NoScript is currently allowing three sites to run scripts from http://www.castleempireonline.com/en/play:
    1. castleempireonline.com
    2. ubi.com
    3. google-analytics.com

Is the chat service running through a different site? Hmm...

According to the page source the above three sites are referred to, as well as:
    1. diesiedleronline.de and 2. 50.56.15.108:80
    The former appears to be a backup site (?) and the latter seems to be chat related...

This process resolved it for me. Looks like a NoScript issue.
    1. Logout of CastleEmpireOnline
    2. Go to NoScript options and added the five domains above to the whitelist.
    3. Go into Firefox preferences and clear the cache.
    4. May or may not be needed but I ended up restarting my computer for a different reason and when it booted back up (firefox restarted) all five tabs were working on next login.

May only be a valid fix for users with NoScript plugins.
    Ubuntu is more then likely the issue here as it is not supported, you can probably still use other versions of Linux to run the game. Or if you have the option to do so set up a partition on you hard drive with Windows to select which OS you would like to use upon start up.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Nevermind

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The problem i'm having with my chat is it will load, I can see peoples messages for 30 seconds to a minute, then all windows but the news window will go away. The chat refreshes itself, chat comes back, i get to see another 30 seconds to a minute of chat, then it goes away again. It does make it hard to ask questions in game, due to the constant disappearance and refreshing of the chat. I'm using Internet Explorer version 9.0.8112.16421 on Windows 7. (yes i know there is better, but I'm a lazy gamer). The game otherwise runs perfectly for me, just the chat problem.

Reply to Thread