Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: RomanGodCamper for MODERATOR!

Having player moderators is not all that bad, a few online gaming companies do this. They are supervised by paid Community Managers, so things do not totally get out of hand with favouritism. They do however use a vetting system, and trail periods so the final selections wind up being a good moderator for the most part. Also generally they have rules in place that prevent conflicts of interest. I would have no qualms if they picked a few players to be moderators, as long as they did it properly.

As for Roman God Camper being a Moderator, I think he genuinely likes to help, and gives good answers 97.5% of the time, but I do think he does need a bit of maturity and practise working with the public and all of the different personalities you encounter. When you are a Moderator you have to help everyone, whether you like them or not, and no matter how much of a pain in the neck they may be.
    There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. - Niccolò Machiavelli

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Ive started hanging out in Help and even before I knew this was posted noticed RomanGodCamper is a huge factor in that channel. Has not ignored anyone but chat can become overwhelmed at times when you have 20 questions at once. I did notice RGC state the players name with an answer which really helps those who are new to the game.
    I feel Strongly just with what Ive observed even if RGC (hope u dont mind the shortcut of your name) doesn't become or not allowed to be a Mod, the Game moderators/Creators should setup something between players like RGC so they can send a fast alert if something inappropriate is going when they're not on at that moment, or they just need to have a permanent mod around to monitor and put an end to the stuff that goes in Global. I was pretty embarrassed to be in that channel last night and I'm sure it happens often.

Recruit
    I think not that players need to get moderators powers i have seen things go out of control in other games with that,
    but some respectfull players who proved to be fair and at an age where they don't get involved by powerplays,
    could and maybe should (because of the lack of moderators on the forums) get mute powers for like 5 or 10 min and 30 min
    so you can get irritating or players who go beyond the rules of this game silent for some time but not for ever.
    that is a moderators job.
    The use of that silence function should be logged including the chats going on so a moderator could look back at it.
    and there should be rules about it when it can be used. (we all accepted the rules of this game)

Just my penny.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanGodCamper View Post
    Um, I kinda just pretty much have the entire guild of AK and FIRE on the ignore list
    ....OK, that's just a *LITTLE* insulting, especially since you're still on my friends list Roman.....

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Draxxon, i don't have you on my ignore list, your a good friend of mine . I just don't wanna say there names so that's why i said that Instead.
    Last edited by CL_RGC; 12-06-11 at 10:40 pm.

World
    Zeus
    I would be a moderator, but I could not stand to NOT have the trolls on ignore, and I have a temper.
    My suggestion is to ignoreadd those who talk crap or annoy you.
    If I were to take screenshots and report everyone who violates the TOS, there would be no time to play the game.
    The same must be true for the 2 mods who oversee chat now.
    Best thing to do is swing a mighty ignore hammer.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DarknessFalls View Post
    "the Game moderators/Creators should setup something between players like RGC so they can send a fast alert if something inappropriate is going when they're not on at that moment"
    They do, it's /report Username Reason

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    Best thing to do is swing a mighty ignore hammer.
    that ruins the chat because others don't put him on iggy and you can't understand the conversation anymore ... though sometimes it is worth it.

'Citizens' can ask people to desist and that turns into a 10 minute scroll discussing the trolling ...
    with all due respect to the adults in the game, we do sometimes need a hall monitor ... he doesn't have to have 'god-like' powers. I'd give them an 'off-color' font for warnings and limited discipline options.

Guild chats are the best solution IMO in the meantime

World
    Zeus
    Having been in the same guild with RomanGodCamper, I feel I know him pretty well. Yes, he spends and extraordinary amount of time in the help channel. However; this does not mean that he has the maturity to be a moderator at this time. A moderator needs to be able to control their temper when they are approached with a "bad" situation. RomanGodCamper is unable to control his temper yet. When someone corrects him, he either ignores them or spouts out at them. These methods are not conductive to being a moderator IMHO. Calling people names or discussing their marital situations, making jokes about people, etc. are not things that an effective moderator should be doing. I HOPE that BB/CEO take this into consideration if/when they decide that they need to have moderators as this could be a very unsatisfactory way to correct the problems in the chat channels.

Roman, I am sorry if I have hurt your feelings in what I have said, but I felt it needed to be clarified as you still need to grow up a little with your emotions.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If someone annoys you on CHAT its CALLED IGNORE use it!!! Stop Complaining! The developers need to concentrate on making this game PVP not addressing someone who got there feelings hurt cuz they got trolled and didn't use the IGNORE FUNCTION!!!

Reply to Thread