Reply to Thread

Thread: Considerations on the "buffing" business

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Considerations on the "buffing" business

I would like to open the conversation on what should be the buffing used on and the economic advantages vs the market.
    To start off, lets see what buffing represent as resources involved:
    I will consider the "cheap" or basic buff only, once you can afford the basket, the player is advanced enough not to care for pennies saved on the dolar.
    1 buffing = 1 fish dish = 10 fish
    10 bread = 100 fish in thee pool = 10 dish, therefore 1 bread = 1 buff

What should be buffed depends IMO on the market price for different items.
    Obviously, all weapon production buildings are worth buffing, given the large amount of raw material required to produce weapons.
    The question is if other buildings ar worth buffing. One should also consider the limited amount of fish dish that is available per cycle.

Example: Beer: at level 2 would come down to 2 bier boost for 1 bread.

I for example try to buff the following buildings (all at least level 2): all weaponsmiths, stable, bakery, hardwood sawmill, marble mason. Sometimes I buff brewery, and seldom iron smith, coal mine or iron mine.
    Last edited by AetiusWMD; 12-05-11 at 08:59 am.

Quote Originally Posted by AetiusWMD View Post
    I for example try to buff the following buildings (all at least level 2): all weaponsmiths, stable, bakery, hardwood sawmill, marble mason. Sometimes I buff brewery, and seldom iron smith, coal mine or iron mine.
    I pretty much used the same logic as you, however I never buff my bakery, instead I buff the toolmaker. I buff the toolmaker, because instead of buffing the mines I upgrade them all to level 2.
    There are three classes of intellects: one which comprehends by itself; another which appreciates what others comprehend; and a third which neither comprehends by itself nor by the showing of others; the first is the most excellent, the second is good, and the third is useless. - Niccolò Machiavelli

Soldier
    I buff important buildings with baskets, such as bakery, brewery, weapon smiths, gold mines/smelters/coinage. I buff lesser items with sandwiches such as hw mills or marble masons, coking plants.
    I play guitar and make music and started doing some video lessons on how to play guitar, if interested visit my youtube page: http://www.youtube.com/user/stygiana...1?feature=mhee

Recruit
    Iron smelter, gold smelter, coinage, gold mine, steel smelter. I feel like buffing bakery and such is a waste of bread. If you need bread buy it with gold. Its cheap

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by skalt1980 View Post
    Iron smelter, gold smelter, coinage, gold mine, steel smelter. I feel like buffing bakery and such is a waste of bread. If you need bread buy it with gold. Its cheap
    It is cheap IF you have the gold to spend for bread.
    As for buffing a lv3 bakery, you get a 3:1 profit every production cycle, at under 4min per bread production will be about 3 x 8 = 24 bread profit, you spend 1 bread and get 24 back, and if you have several leveled up bakeries and enough fisheries, it all adds up.

Recruit
    Well gold is easy to make. There are plenty of times where there is nothing to do in the game but wait. Use that time to buy some resources cheap and then resell it at a higher price. Not to mention this game gives you a ton of gold when you beat certain enemies on the map.

Reply to Thread