Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 1/6/2012

galaxyrao
    'move the buildings' I like it but I think it'll ruin the game

daily quests epic adventures, resource adventures, exp adeventures <3

Recruit
    How about new adventures for lower level players, and particularly one that bridges the gap between the first adventure that require a couple of recruits and a wet noodle and the next two adventures that require hundreds of troops?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    how about PVP?

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sybernetik View Post
    how about PVP?
    Agreed :P
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Great ideas look forward to seeing them in the near furture.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Fantastic! Issues I had been thinking about and all of the answers were what I had hoped!

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Very pleased. Katealyst! Looking forward to the changes. Please pass on appreciation to the devs for listening to suggestions and working hard to ensure a great gaming experience !

SP
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I seriously think moving buildings is going to be a bad bad bad bad bad idea. 80% of the strategy is based off how you place things, if you get free moves, what's the freaking point?
    It's going to be a 2 page guide on how to have the most efficient base on forums. Every single person is going to have the same copy and pasted Base, and for anyone who doesn't they are just going to either quit or have a visual to copying disability.
    I think with that a big challenge to the game goes right out the window, and it becomes just like evony, a base builder game and then just take out camps here and there and feed your troops then take out a few more camps (or adventures) and feed your troops then stop signing in.
    Please do not add that feature, and if you DO want to add a feature
    YOU SHOULD ADD THE ABILITY TO DOWNGRADE A BUILDING. so the person can get partial resources back for destroying, but definitely don't give them free moves acrossed the field. make it like you do a lvl 1 downgrade, but if they have a lvl 3 building they get a lvl 3 downgrade which gives them partial resources that cost them to make it from lvl 2 to lvl 3 etc... that makes sense.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I agree that free moves would be a bad bad idea

I have said it before and I still believe that moving a building should cost alot just like in real life if you wanted to move your house

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I also agree that free moves of the buildings is not a good idea, although the ability to move them is an interesting enhancement.

As RawrNoob said - the move should have a cost; I'll throw in some ideas:
    a) cost to include a base cost, based on the value of the building (base value + upgrade cost)
    b) an additional cost calculated based on the moving distance
    c) moving time - based on the building value (level) and moving distance (during moving , the building cannot be used)