Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 1/6/2012

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuscus View Post
    I also agree that free moves of the buildings is not a good idea, although the ability to move them is an interesting enhancement.

As RawrNoob said - the move should have a cost; I'll throw in some ideas:
    a) cost to include a base cost, based on the value of the building (base value + upgrade cost)
    b) an additional cost calculated based on the moving distance
    c) moving time - based on the building value (level) and moving distance (during moving , the building cannot be used)
    Well I already have the ability to move my buildings. It works just fine! I don't have to worry if I want to move something I tear it down and pay to build it again! Simple! I can put it anywhere I want. I would however like to be able to rotate a building when I put one somewhere! That way I could build a town with a town square style and my buildings would face main street etc. Thank you Kat and thanks to those hard working Devs too!

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Suggestions go: here
    Sounds good, can't wait for new dailys and adventures

Recruit
    Nice work y'all.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you for letting us know what is in store for us Kate. It looks great!! I am also looking forward when CE can bring a PVP level to the game.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by sango View Post
    I'd like to note that we already have a Developer Diary. No reason to troll.

http://forum.castleempireonline.com/...-at-the-future
    These posts are never kept current. Its nice to see some post thrown out here once in a while. I am a bit disappointed that what was put out here was what players were already pulling from the German site. I think we deserve to see some of these news items the same time it is released to the Germans. The only item I saw on Katie's post that hasn't been posted before was to move buildings. Although highly requested by new players, this is going to kill the balance. At level 38 I am still moving buildings. Its part of the game. The game is easy as it is. You start allowing buildings to be moved without a cost and you are going to find players getting bored and leaving in a faster pace then they do now. Collecting resources to move buildings gives you a goal...

Settler
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTerra View Post
    These posts are never kept current. Its nice to see some post thrown out here once in a while. I am a bit disappointed that what was put out here was what players were already pulling from the German site. I think we deserve to see some of these news items the same time it is released to the Germans. The only item I saw on Katie's post that hasn't been posted before was to move buildings. Although highly requested by new players, this is going to kill the balance. At level 38 I am still moving buildings. Its part of the game. The game is easy as it is. You start allowing buildings to be moved without a cost and you are going to find players getting bored and leaving in a faster pace then they do now. Collecting resources to move buildings gives you a goal...
    Yeah, she never said anything about longer queue for wells/fields but not for buildings. The German developer are ok with the wells/field but not with buildings.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You have done a good job already! Thanks. Great game!

I love all of it thank u

Recruit
    Great ideas! Thanks for making a great game.
    I agree with the above posters that there should be some cost to moving the buildings, but I also think it needs to be less costly than at present.

Recruit
    Thank you for adding the move buildings feature, as a casual player I did not set up properly and my base is a mess. not to mention I like things organized. I don't have the hours to spend to tear down a building and rebuild just to move it.
    Most important tho is the fact that What buildings you build is where the true strategy is at, not where , so adding move buildings will not destroy this game, it will just make it less frustrating for casual players and new players.
    Now for those who think its a bad idea, the option of different servers with different rules are always an easy option, or I suggest they don't use the feature and then they should also be happy as well.