Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 1/6/2012

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Dev's Diary 1/6/2012

Castle Empire Players!

First of all: Happy New Year! With the start of 2012, we wanted to inform you about the development we have planned for Castle Empire in the near future.

It has been awhile since our last diary post; several features have been implemented in the meantime. Among these, the search time of the geologist has been reduced, the graphics have been improved, and of course the Christmas event.

It’s very likely that the following features will be implemented in the near future. Please keep in mind that the order of the features doesn’t imply the order of implementation:

Adventures: Modifications

The amount of bandit troops will be reduced in several of the adventures. At the same time, the rewards of many adventures will be raised. Furthermore, in some cases, the amount of experience you gain by defeating enemy troops will be increased. A detailed list of all changes will be released in our change log postings.

Adventures: New adventures

Several new adventures are being tested right now. We’re looking forward to implementing them soon to share with all of you.

Bandit Nest - Level 36, difficulty 5, Players: 1
    Surprise Attack - Level 36, difficulty 6, Players: 2
    Mad Henry - Level 36, difficulty 7, Players: 1
    Roaring Bull - Level 46, difficulty 9, Players: 3
    Gunpowder - Level 46, difficulty 5, Players: 3

Adventures: Categories *Recently Implemented*

In the future, there will be new adventure categories: resource adventures, experience adventures, and epic adventures. We want to comply with the community’s request to facilitate different styles of playing. As the name Resource Adventures, implies that those missions are tailored for those players who prefer a resource reward. Experience Adventures will benefit players who want to raise their level quickly: you’ll receive many experience points if you succeed. Last but not least, the Epic Adventures will contain special rewards that can only be gained here and nowhere else in Castle Empire.

Fight: Modification

A bug-fix will make sure that soldiers and elite soldiers will stand in front of bowmen and cavalry. Therefore, the bowmen and cavalry can be used in a more efficient and strategic way.

Daily quests: Increased variety

Right now, the daily quests are switched off, but they will be re-activated soon with an increased variety of quests. Further updates with new daily quests will follow. As many of you already know, the rewards depend on your level; however there will also be new kind of reward: Special items.

Some of the mid-term features

There are many more topics that have already been in design or planning phase. Depending on the complexity or priority, an implementation may take more time. The following features are more likely to be released in mid-term. Here is a quick peek:

Improvements to the interface
    Possibility to move most of the buildings (e.g. the town hall can’t be moved)
    New graphics for the high building levels (3+4) for most of the buildings
    Expansion of the assembly list

------------------------------------------------

Hope that helps give you insight for the near term, and a few of the changes that are a bit farther out.

Katealyst
    Last edited by BB_Katealyst; 01-06-12 at 05:32 pm.

Awesome news! Looking forward to these new adventures

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Yay! Bowmen and cavalry fix! I've been waiting a long time for that one. =)

Soldier
    i specially like the ability to move buildings..
    the greatest delusion of all is thinking that there is only one reality where in fact there are multiple realities based on our own perceptions...

Settler
    Sweet no more need to troll on other "developer diary."
    Hello Clothes, granite deposits, spy house and church.

Recruit
    YAY! Those proposals look awesome!

World
    Zeus
    Nice, sounds good!

Settler
    I'd like to note that we already have a Developer Diary. No reason to troll.

http://forum.castleempireonline.com/...-at-the-future

Recruit
    Excellent news, this is. I am looking forward to these changes.

Recruit
    may i suggest decoration rewards be implemented or the ability to turn things like noble house and the mayors house into more gothic looking buildings. There is always an audience for the people who like to "play on the dark side" most really successful mmo's has had a good and bad playable side. I am not saying follow the leader entirely as we all know you have to change the norm to really stand out but I for sure know i would take the extra effort to get a darker looking city. Also some form of search engine for trades just be considered depending on the growth of the game until then i think trades just be placed in alphabetical order based on the offer so we can find what we want to trade with more ease.