Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dev's Diary 1/13/2012

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Dev's Diary 1/13/2012

Castle Empire Players!

Today we have more detailed information about the Castle Empire development schedule.

Please keep in mind these dates may change and are not set in stone. Many of the features listed are already in the development or design phase.

Continuous tasks

The optimization of the Castle Empire technical infrastructure and bug fixes is an on-going task.

January/February

New graphics for buildings:

The first set of new graphics for the high level buildings (4+5) will be implemented with the next update. The following buildings will have the new graphic:

o Mayor house (level 5)
    o Barracks
    o Farm
    o Warehouse (level 5)
    o Nobler residence

Further graphic sets have been in production and will be released within the following weeks.

Return of daily quests:

The daily quests are returning! There will be many different tasks this time around. These quests will differ with the player’s level. In total (all levels summed up), there will be 100 different daily quests. Further daily quests will be integrated in future updates to increase the variety even more.

Map fragments:

Several adventures that once needed gems can soon be acquired by map fragments. Furthermore, an additional “mysterious box of resources” will be available to purchase with fragments.

Valentine’s Day:

There will be a special gift for all players on Valentine’s Day.

After February

Building queue extensions:

We will implement the possibility to extend the build queue (5 slots) either temporarily or permanently. The temporary increase will work through a button in the queue itself while the permanent increase is an item from the shop.

Pre combat feedback:

The garrison will get a new option called pre combat feedback. You will get feedback about combat results before the combat is being commissioned depending on the units assigned to your general. This should prevent unexpected issues like your troops suddenly being lost. Once implemented, you can save troops by optimizing your troop’s configuration.

Building interface:

The interface that shows up when you select a building will be simplified. Several actions will be put into a new toolbox (see below). If a building is buffed, you’ll see the remaining time of the buff.

Moving buildings:

Besides a few buildings like the mayor’s hall, structures can be relocated. In order to reward good planning, movement will cost resources or gems. A moved building will keep its level. After moving a structure, the time of production will be recalculated (distance to a warehouse or resource spot).

New: Toolbox:

Buildings will get a new interface called a toolbox. Actions like destroying and moving a building will be located here. In the future, you can repair damaged structures (PVP).

New trade system:

The trade system will be getting a complete overhaul. It will be moved from the chat window and will have its own spot. The larger window will give a much better overview and new functions that allow you to sort and filter trade offers. Furthermore, the trading amount limits will be increased.

Around Midyear (2nd/3rd quarter)

Economic adventures:

The current adventures may differ in reward, but battling epic foes is always necessary. This new economic adventure type provides challenges with little to no combat. It provides time sensitive challenges for traders and economists.

New tutorial:

The introduction of the game to new players will be tweaked in several ways.
     There will be more explanations, and a couple of new quest lines.
     It will be possible to do multiple quests at once.

Economic overview:

There will be a new window which will give players a good overview of their economy and their production chains. Furthermore, it will show the efficiency of every single resource produced and consumed. For example, you will see how much coal is produced every hour and exactly how much coal is needed per hour, depending on your current empire layout. Using this, you can identify emerging bottle necks in advanced.

Long-term features

Please keep in mind that several aspects of these long-term features may be modified, cancelled, or extended.

PVP:

Player versus Player will be a complex feature. It will consist of many new aspects and will demand exhaustive tests and balancing. The current combat system has to be modified in order to fit the needs of PVP. We plan to offer combat based PVP and economic based PVP. PVP may include islands with luxury goods.

Adventure campaigns:

Players at very high levels will get access to adventure campaigns. These campaigns will be a chain of adventures that have a specific storyline. If you complete an adventure, you will be rewarded with the next chapter of the campaign among other things.

News window:

A new news window will be implemented. It will show current community news, recent news from the game team, and provide a useful overview about what is going on in the game. Among other things, there will be warnings: For example, if the resources of a mine are running low, or if it is depleted, you will get a warning. Also, with a single click, you’ll be able to refill a mine or demolish a depleted one. It will even be possible to demolish a group of all depleted mines. Additionally, the window will show the remaining times on geologists, scouts/explorers, as well as completion of buffs and troops. In total, the access to information and ease of use will be improved.

-------------------------------------

This summary is neither final nor complete. Features that aren’t listed may be added in the future. Despite that fact, we wanted to give our players clearer insight into what we are currently developing.

See you in-game,

Katealyst
    Last edited by BB_Katealyst; 01-13-12 at 02:30 pm.

galaxyrao
    daily quests and adventures to be bought by maps, sound pretty good
    Thx BB

wow first post

V4r0n4
    What a good read this was. Can you share any light on the new trade system? And while i am at asking questions does BB or UBI plan to implement an option to turn off the chat filter? I am sure some of us are old enough to not be offended by said words. And why is the letter k when used my itself as in j/k or just "k" gets replaced with ***?

galaxyrao
    Quote Originally Posted by V4r0n4 View Post
    What a good read this was. Can you share any light on the new trade system? And while i am at asking questions does BB or UBI plan to implement an option to turn off the chat filter? I am sure some of us are old enough to not be offended by said words. And why is the letter k when used my itself as in j/k or just "k" gets replaced with ***?
    not only that but also 'http://' cannot be seen too.

Recruit
    Excited about the changes coming, thanks for the continued work esp. the economic overview at a glance . Any idea if there will ever be a "buff timer" to show time remaining on buffs?

World
    Zeus
    I am very excited at the new changes I see! Amazing! I love it all!
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Settler
    Nice, copied word for word.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Don't worry my money will replace your money Apoth.. Have fun with those crappy PVP games. Like LOU, Kingdom Cam, evony and Civ of War very unbalanced PVP games that are ruined. This game is nice because you go at your own pace and you don't have to worry about a multi account with no life steam rolling you.. If they ever decide to do PVP which I hope they dont' that it will be completely optional. Just like Farmville, and castleville this game will be a success because it doesn't have PVP

Was great to read this on the german forums earlier today, but I didn't have access to any of the pictures for whatever reason. Awesome that I could see the pictures reading it on here cool info

V4r0n4
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth View Post
    wow ok I figured pvp was at most 6 months away, but according to this it will be 4th quarter (end of the year) IF THAT?!?!?!

I cannot see much point in playing this game any longer, there are new games that will be out wayyyyyyyyyyy before pvp that will take my time (and money).
    I bid you farewell and more importantly can i have your stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhubob View Post
    Excited about the changes coming, thanks for the continued work esp. the economic overview at a glance . Any idea if there will ever be a "buff timer" to show time remaining on buffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Katealyst View Post
    • Building interface:

The interface that shows up when you select a building will be simplified. Several actions will be put into a new toolbox (see below). If a building is buffed, you’ll see the remaining time of the buff.
    And there is your answer mate.
    Last edited by V4r0n4; 01-13-12 at 08:15 pm. Reason: merging posts