Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] Testing Server FAQ!

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

[Ubi Official] Testing Server FAQ!

The new Castle Empire testing server is coming soon, and we want your feedback! Blue Byte is opening a new international testing server where players will be able to test future patches and provide information for the betterment of the game. Once open, users from all over the world will be able to participate in testing new features for Castle Empire. Below are some of the facts about the test server. Hopefully this many faq will answer some of your questions!

FAQ

• There will be a public website, similar to our game site. Every player can register for free in order to participate in testing new features or just to sneak a peek on the test server.
    • More details –like the URLs– will be offered when the setup of the staging server is done.

Separate forums (English)

• This is where you will find detailed information about the test server. It is also where we will collect feedback through both surveys and discussions.
    • Communication will be in English only. This will ensure that players all over the world can participate (discussing their impressions with other players, making suggestions, etc.).
    • Whereas posts have to be in English, you’re allowed to write private messages in your native language if you have friends that understand your language.
    • A big component of the new staging concept will be detailed surveys, which will be multilingual. Every tester will be able to understand our questions and give feedback. Furthermore, users all over the world can influence the future development of the game and guarantee a worldwide representative community statement.
    • There won’t be any regular game support in the staging forums.

Questions and answers

• Will there be a data transfer of my game account to the staging system?
    No. You have to create a new account on the test system.

• Do I have to start with level 1?
    According to what will be tested, all accounts will be prepared in advance during a previous maintenance downtime. E.g.: If we want to test a new feature for level 20+ players, we’ll manipulate all accounts during maintenance. Keep in mind that accounts might get wiped after a test phase! More facts about the workflow are coming soon.

• Minor or no English skills: How to report?
    Basically all posts have to be in English. This is crucial to ensure that all players (and employees) are able to understand each other. If you don’t speak English you might use translation tools or ask a friend who’s able to help you. Private messages can be written in your native language if the receiver understands it, too.

• Gems?
    Depending on the test subject you will get gems. The accounts will be prepared in advance of a test.

• Language of the in game text?
    In the beginning, the game will be in English only. The possibility to choose/switch the language will be implemented later.
    There will be national chat rooms that depend on your location. This way you can talk you other players using your national language. Keep in mind that the forums are still English only!
    Last edited by BB_Katealyst; 01-27-12 at 10:38 am.

Awesome! Will be great to be able to help test this wonderful game and help to make it even better!

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

World
    Zeus
    Amazing!
    Last edited by Jethro702; 01-20-12 at 02:15 pm.
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Am definitely up for this! Brings back fun closed beta memories.
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    Amazing!
    I have one question though. If we have to create new accounts will we still be able to have the same username?
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    I have one question though. If we have to create new accounts will we still be able to have the same username?
    If you can get it again. It's a new server so everyone will have to get their names again. There will be a beta website and a normal website.

Back on topic. Can't wait

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    This is great! Will this replace the current German testing server?
    Last edited by Draxxon; 01-20-12 at 03:46 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Draxxon View Post
    This is great! Will this replace the current German testing server?
    From what I read of the post I was reading on the german forums, it will.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

World
    Zeus
    Yeah I was on the German forum and one persons signature was "RIP Testing Server".
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Settler
    Yeah Oo_Camou_oO killed the German staging server. I was a bit confused cause the opening date was on our maintenance time. And Germans are typically Monday night updates. Anyways here's to have multi CEO accounts.