Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best building setup - a possible guide

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    Great Guide! This will be added to the CEO Guide List
    thanks!!! and yes, i did notice that the choice in colors seemed a little familiar lol. i didn't even think twice about thought. :P

Quote Originally Posted by max124 View Post
    I always use the 9 squares structure(on the right) and i think the building production time may be subjective

For example: i can place my farm anywhere in the lower section or in the middle section and get the same time (12min28sec) but if you place it in the upper section even with wheatfield all around i'll get a 12min36sec

you gotta be carefull to what kind of building you put and where you put it around the storehouse because even through it looks the same, it doesn't

that's a good overview, thanks for posting!
    yeah and i noticed that with my farms too but that's why i didn't include farms in the list that this method would work the best for.

galaxyrao
    unlike other buildings, fields usually have entrance in the upper face, not lower face. I think that makes the difference for farms

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by galaxyrao View Post
    unlike other buildings, fields usually have entrance in the upper face, not lower face. I think that makes the difference for farms
    i want to see what's the best possible layout for just farms since i think it's the only production building that has the most variables. if i come up with some numbers, i'll make another post about farms.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think there is a error, the 1st layout on the 2nd row should be 16sec avg. travel time, not 17sec.(the one with 2 buildings directly to the sides of storage)

very nice post laying out various "formations" in a easy to understand format.(pictures hehe)

and yes farms are special cases, and yes fields can be entered from any side, not just the southeast side like normal buildings.

Settlers Guide
    World
    Zeus
    I spent alot of time and resources playing with my building layouts, and the majority of my production uses this 14.667 layout.

For farm's I found the best layout for me was four in a row w/storage house above: each farm having it's own wheat field directly below, like so:

Code:
         S     
    F  F  F  F
    W  W  W  W
    B  B  B  B
    B= Backup wheatfields depending on space.

That also leaves me with prime locations next to and above the storage house for Mills/Bakery/Stables/Brewery/etc. (Though I consolidated most of those anyway).

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranthonye View Post
    I think there is a error, the 1st layout on the 2nd row should be 16sec avg. travel time, not 17sec.(the one with 2 buildings directly to the sides of storage)

very nice post laying out various "formations" in a easy to understand format.(pictures hehe)

and yes farms are special cases, and yes fields can be entered from any side, not just the southeast side like normal buildings.
    you are correct! i will make the changes to the pictures shortly.

Recruit
    hey wheat field questionares here best lay out for it

wfw
    fsf
    wfw

w= wheat field
    s= storehouse
    f= farm
    this actually means that all the farms have = production time. the fsf are right next to the storagehouse but farther from the wheatfield wfw on the other hand are closer to the field but farther from storage. place backups farther off and use the next layer to go around this box for breweries, mills, wells, and basically everything else.

this pic shows my setup on the UK server. while I have 2 more farms then mentioned this is a basis of what you should have.
    Attached Images

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by supremeDr View Post
    hey wheat field questionares here best lay out for it

wfw
    fsf
    wfw

w= wheat field
    s= storehouse
    f= farm
    this actually means that all the farms have = production time. the fsf are right next to the storagehouse but farther from the wheatfield wfw on the other hand are closer to the field but farther from storage. place backups farther off and use the next layer to go around this box for breweries, mills, wells, and basically everything else.

this pic shows my setup on the UK server. while I have 2 more farms then mentioned this is a basis of what you should have.
    the production time might be different from the u.s. servers.
    link to the building layout guide
    link to the farm layout guide

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvasir View Post
    Nope I believe it was taken from this

I dont think so

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Good afternoon, I would like to do that, where would I go to do that?
    nightwolf48

Reply to Thread