Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: CEO - Combat Simulator

Recruit
    Thanks for the awesome simulator and good to see its running again. Noticed though that with the new host it appears the hall of fame is broken or not working. Any news on that?

World
    Zeus
    Noticed though that with the new host it appears the hall of fame is broken or not working. Any news on that?
    The Hall of Fame works with the simulations of othes users. I made no backup of these textfiles and I don't have access to my old webspace so it'll take some time until you find solutions in the HoF again. It's not a hosting problem.

Recruit
    ok thanks for the clarification Asipak. will have to wait for new simulations to be ran then.

Recruit
    Quick suggestion - instead of showing the min and the max, show the 60 and 98% confidence intervals, or even just show the standard deviation.

World
    Zeus
    Well, it's more important for me to get the project back to run without problems and annoying flying ads.

But I'll answer your question: It's not possible, because the result isn't calculated, it's simulated, using many battles to calculate the min and max losses. If you have an idea how to calculate this result like a statistician would do, please tell me.

World
    Zeus
    Thank you for providing us with the combat simulator, and for the updated link!

Recruit
    Save the result of each simulation and run description stats on it, i can send you a spreadsheet that I use to do the same. 1000 data points is more than enough to come up with some very accurate standard deviation numbers. Let me know if you are interested, I'll show you what I do.

World
    Zeus
    Now I am being asked for name and password. My CEOs don't seem to work. How do I establish a name and password. I have been using this great sim for a while now and it is the best.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Yep Wimpy, having the same issue. It is a great sim. Hopefully we will have access to it again soon.

Signature by Emahs2
    [13:13] SERVER: You are not allowed to add yourself to your ignore list.

World
    Zeus
    Last edited by Asipak; 04-08-12 at 01:07 pm.

Reply to Thread