Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Castle Empire resource control worksheet

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Speaking of economics and economies of scale, how does everyone else feel about the drastic increase of costs from level 3 to 4 in buildings? The increase from one to 2 is roughly 75% increase in trade value of materials and from 2 to 3 is roughly 150% increase in trade value of materials cost but then from 3 to 4 is roughly a 1500% increase in trade value cost of materials. Obviously these are rough estimates and vary depending on the day, etc but the drastic increase of value can not be denied. Once we incur this rather large increase on basic and intermediate building increases (which should not be the same cost to upgrade basic should cost less) we then see the next level only obtainable by a slow grind of adventure rewards for upgrades. I do not mind a grind but the scale is way off for these increases. I would be surprised if there are more then 15 level 5 buildings in game (funny too that most of the updates to the game since I have played have been for level 5 building graphics few will ever see, especially this early) since the obvious choice to use those resources for is troop development and expert buildings. With these factors it would safe to say that it would be at least a year of playing before even and advanced player would reach level 50 and put resources from quests towards more building advancements and less troops. This makes the advanced levels of the game even slower then they are, which means less retention of the player base and also makes current players less likely to spend real money (why should I spend money when I have to wait anyway?). Just some thoughts.

Soldier
    It is relatively easy to get a level 3 economy, it takes much work to get a level 4 economy going. if you want it faster, buy gems. Oh, there is the hook.

Recruit
    The game makers obviously think that if you put in the time to get to all level 3 buildings you're more likely to buy gems when looking at a slow advancement thereafter for free. Play free all you want and as long as you want but you'll have to pay after level 3 to keep up the previous pace. And if you're not going to pay after level 3 and just ***** because it takes so long, why should they care, they're paying for you to play free on their servers. And the longer you stick around the more they make from serving CPC/CPM ads. It's just business to the Gods of this game world.

Reply to Thread