Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Castle Empire resource control worksheet

Recruit

Post Castle Empire resource control worksheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...2FsN0xOa1FhcEE

If you're interested I created a worksheet calculator to help me balance my resource production rates and made it public. Access it and save it to your documents to edit and use. It has a few buildings and resources to start and I will be adding more as I progress.

Basically you enter how many buildings of each you have (level 3 building = 3) and way over to the right it will tell you production per hour/day and how many buildings you need or over. Adjust your map to level these as needed. Very easy, try it out.

This is much better than Aurorah's Resource Calculator IMHO. Let me know if there's anything I can add or change to make it better for you.

3/5/12 - Revised to be much more precise.
    3/9/12 - Revised to include storage level capacity. Now you can see how long it takes to fill a resource.
    3/12/12 - Revised to take care of those pesky #DIV/0! errors, everything calculates with 0 values now.
    Last edited by Avitore; 03-12-12 at 02:38 pm. Reason: Revision

World
    Zeus
    http://ceo-economy.appspot.com/
    this is much easier and better to use than a spread sheet.

Recruit
    For you maybe. Depends on your view. That tool is pretty cool and useful but to me it's too many steps to get similar results. I just finished revising my spreadsheet to be much more precise though there are plenty of variables that change dynamically, such as planters and cutters varying their spots. The new spreadsheet revision is a entire upgrade and to me is less work (mouse clicks, back and forth, etc.) than the online tool from appspot.

The main advantage of my spreadsheet over appspot tool is that with appspot you have to configure each and every building, one by one. This is very time consuming. With my spreadsheet you pretty much calculate all builds of each type as one. So you don't have to enter and configure 12 fir cutters independently, instead you calculate all of them once and enter a value.
    Last edited by Avitore; 03-06-12 at 07:05 am.

Recruit
    But hey, if you like all that fancy crap, knock yourself out and use appspot. Me, I just want the facts man, give me the numbers and make it quick. That's what this is.

Cheers!

Recruit
    The problem I had with the appspot app is that what is used for the calculations is the base production time. There are NO buildings that use that because they would all have to be build INSIDE the storage building. Since every building adds travel time, this SEVERELY distorts the results. For example, using the appspot app, all I needed was 6 fir tree cutters but the reality was I needed 8 which meant that I needed 3 additional foresters hence 5 less population for military.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyG View Post
    The problem I had with the appspot app is that what is used for the calculations is the base production time.
    no... no it doesn't you manually enter in the production time in the spot labelled overall production time... and that's that. You're describing a user error. The only things that will change production time are farms utilizing different fields because a nearby field is depleted or wood cutters moving to a different location.

My youtube channel for Total War https://www.youtube.com/user/AnjinSanTW

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    thanks! this is great for noobs! both the spreadsheet and the app
    Last edited by Master-J; 03-09-12 at 01:17 pm.

I calculate all my production by hand essentially (using a calc) and I always am able to do things custom for each building- to find out how much of X it uses or Y it produces in a day or week or months even. These things just seem to general to me in a game that is unforgiving of any mathematical inconsistencies.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Recruit
    Just added a new revision, check it out:

3/9/12 - Revised to include storage level capacity. Now you can see how long it takes to fill a resource.

Recruit
    Props for putting in the time and work.

Reply to Thread