Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 15 years of empire/city/castle/troop building has brought me here!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

15 years of empire/city/castle/troop building has brought me here!

I'll admit, I posted this in the "official suggestions" thread but the chances of anyone finding it within the 50 pages there are nil so here goes!

I'm a long time casual gamer/designer and have now been playing this one for about 6 months but have yet to give some in-depth feedback . I have also dropped some money into this "free" game format and those two things are a credit to the design thus far, so congrats! There are, however, some serious issues that need to be addressed here.

The first of which is this: You need to advance with more speed on the changes being proposed on this forum and the changes that have already been decided on in the dev diary. I know some are coming in a few weeks but those are not going to be enough to hold the player base. Lots of people have lots of great ideas here and if the company puts the resources in, it’s my belief this game could do very well.

So here is what the TOP 3 priorities would be on my list:

1. TRADE revamped - Here is what I need. I need to be able to set an amount to trade, say 10,000 coal, and set a price for each 100 stack. I need to be able to leave that trade running until I decide to take it down. Those resources would come out of my inventory the second the trade was posted so trades could be instantaneous. Players need to be able to buy as much of my coal off that trade as they want as long as the trade is posted. First come, first serve.
    I also NEED to be able to post at minimum 3 of THESE types of trades at a time.

2. PVP - There are two camps right now. One will play, and the others will opt out or leave. Nothing will ever make everyone from both those camps happy, but here, at least, is what will keep me still playing...

I don’t want people to be able to attack my main island. Ever.
    My island should be perpetual. PVP goals and rewards should not.

There should be a PVP zone or zones which are fought for by guilds. When a guild controls a zone, it may build on it: defenses, farms mines etc. There should be rewards and victory points given for owning a zone for a certain period of time. Once a guild has enough victory points, the guild is declared the champion and each member receives a special island statue or decoration to commemorate the victory.
    PVP areas are then reset. This should take about 5-6 months to achieve on average for a guild.

3. Adventures rebooted – Right now adventures are pretty dull. With a bit of relatively easy tweaking though, they could be improved greatly.
    3 Easy tweek ideas:
    - Give an incentive to doing some adventures really quickly. Have incremental time levels for adventures and appropriate bonuses for each level. It becomes about preparation and in a two, 3 or 4 player game, TEAMWORK!
    - Have some adventures in which you can only bring in a certain number of troops. You must claw through the adventure choosing carefully who to send for each battle. Each battle won give a reward. This isn’t something that you will finish, but to see how far you can go.
    - You could easily do 5-6 player adventures and have TEAMWORK and co-operation become much more important. If troops were limited for some of these (say 600 each) a player would have to take on a “role” much like a standard dungeon crawl in a RPG: I am the archer, I am the first striker, I am the muscle, I am the cannon fodder... (yay recruits…). Rewards can be gathered like loot is gathered.
    - You could also create troop buffs. If a player wanted to, instead of focusing on higher level army units to help with a fight, they could focus on buffing other players armies (or there own), thus creating a sort of mage class… ?
    - Enemy camp troop balance could also be randomized on some of these adventures…??

Those are the TOP 3, if your still reading this, here are my little ones…

- Be able to put a standing order on a Geoligist, like, find marble for the next week!

- Use a different color exclamation mark for when things are being upgraded. It looks too much like when something is missing from the buildings supply chain.

- Make Silos better or make farms last longer. Right now they are useless. Although having 5 or 6 build que options will help the perpetual daily tilling of fields…. it shouldn't take me an hour and a half of attention every day just to keep the ship floating....

So that’s it! Keep up the great work and tell you boss that you need more resources!

Anyone can find me in game as “Corinthian”

Happy building!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Forgot!
    Player names in any mail (friend requests especially) should ALWAYS have their guild initials after them.

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthian View Post
    - Make Silos better or make farms last longer. Right now they are useless.
    How many farms do you have? And how long does it take you each morning to rebuild wheatfeilds? They are not economical but they are very useful given the proper setup and upgrades. It is a luxury since time is not a resource that can be traded.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobj View Post
    How many farms do you have? And how long does it take you each morning to rebuild wheatfeilds? They are not economical but they are very useful given the proper setup and upgrades. It is a luxury since time is not a resource that can be traded.
    At level 37 I have 30 farms with maxed mines and about 60 water wells. These things combined require about an hour at least per day of attention just to maintain.

30 silo's at 750 a pop is 22,500 gems or about $80... for farms... Not really my idea of money that I would feel very good about spending.

Yeah i'm at 50 fields and 90+ wells so anything to cut down on the time is proving to be invaluable. Folks also trade silos/watermills for coins in game if that is more your thing.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

World
    Zeus
    Yeah I have 60 or so fields and 85 wells.... it takes awhile to redo stuff when I get home
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    Yeah I have 60 or so fields and 85 wells.... it takes awhile to redo stuff when I get home
    Ye i would also like a tool that auto rebuilds them, if you have the resources for them.

Quote Originally Posted by AGamer View Post
    Ye i would also like a tool that auto rebuilds them, if you have the resources for them.
    Well I guess we cant have the computer do everything for us that might be a bit boring then hehe

LordVarlot
    You said : I also NEED to be able to post at minimum 3 of THESE types of trades at a time.

This would make for a very boring game. One player would set up a trade : Sell 400 water for 2 coins. Then set up a second trade : Buy 400 water for 1 coin.
    This would lock the price and the player would make a MINT !! The other players would set up for all the other resources the same way. No auctions, no undercutting the other guy, no figuring what the market will bear. Half the fun of this game is trading. The 10 minute time limit is set up to STOP this type of play. Might just as well push a button and let the computer play the game by itself. Sorry, I feel this is a BAD idea.

Recruit
    ok, how would having a trade market showing that someone is selling water at 2 coins per stack, and someone "else" is buying at 1 a stack, enable someone to make a mint?? What would actually happen is that the price to buy or sell water would be "set" at 1 coin per stack of water because people could post their surplus water for sale always and still be able to trade other things......some people would still be posting at 2 coins per stack and would only be able to sell at that price when the demand is really high, which is exactly what should happen in a free market situation, so you're fears are unjustified in all reality

Reply to Thread