Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Price Guide List

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    I'm not following this ... If a bad day requires 2 coins per gem, then a 495 gem item would cost about 1,000 coins. Presumably on a good day, the rate's something less than 1:2, 1:1.5 perhaps. That would lower the cost of BK from 1,000 coins to 750.

So why is it selling for 1,500?
    Adventure prices are very hard to determine reasons for what they sell. each person has a price they think is fair. This thread is to try and get us all on one page for prices.... so no one gets cheated or sells to cheap.
    Creator of the Old TSO Guide List, which is now in xMISTY's control..
    Joined Aug.8.2011

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    Traitors: 165 gems.............165 gems: 330 coins
    100g is more than 1/3 less than the gem cost of this adventure.
    Where do you come up with this? Do you just think cutting the price down 2/3 rds is good enough? any reasons besides just cutting down the price to a strange fraction of what it would cost at 2 coins per gem?
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    I'm not following this ... If a bad day requires 2 coins per gem, then a 495 gem item would cost about 1,000 coins. Presumably on a good day, the rate's something less than 1:2, 1:1.5 perhaps. That would lower the cost of BK from 1,000 coins to 750.

So why is it selling for 1,500?
    Well I'm not sure but I think you need to be level 42 to be able to gift this item from the shop- So not only do you have to find someone who sells gem items for coins, but someone who is of a significant level as well. A premium of 500g on a transaction like this would not be outrageous.

Another way to look at it is this way: Mar 29th brings the new adventures available for map fragment changes and BK will (at least as far as we know and on the test server, this is not final) sell for 300 map fragments. Lets figure if you could buy map fragments for 3-5g, you could purchase it that way soon for 900-1,500g. My point is that it was not worth 2,000g.
    Last edited by Bobj; 03-05-12 at 01:54 pm. Reason: paragraph added.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobj View Post
    I would like to know who has ever purchased this adventure from the gem shop.
    It does not matter who ever purchased it. It just matters that it is there for that price.
    Black Knights will be 495 gems, approx 1000g at 2g per gem rate. Yet it will be 150 Map frags, 750g at 5g per frag rate which seems common.
    Yet Victor will be 200 frags, 1000g at frag trade rate. Yet we agree it's worth 350g.
    Outlaws will also be 200 frags, yet we all agree its worth 100g.
    I defy anyone to figure out prices when the new adventures and old ones are added for frags in the gem shop.
    Last edited by SirRoy; 03-05-12 at 02:09 pm.

I defy anyone to figure out prices when the new adventures and old ones are added for frags in the gem shop.
    We can agree on this, it will turn prices upside down for a while!

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    No offense Jethro702, but I DO NOT endorse this.

I was the first to sell adventures on this server and have been selling them the longest, so I have some experience pricing them.

This list is off target more than it is on.

ie. The Black Knights, no way an adventure that drops approx. 15k worth of rewards and has a 12% chance of dropping an epic building sells for 1.5k

In order for a price guide to be realistic you must factor in the total reward, (x2 or x3 for co-op adventures).
    The demand based on scarcity and popularity.
    The demand based on XP.
    The cost effectiveness of running the adventure.
    Special items or other adventure drops.

This is my estimation:

- Horseback --------------- 200 coins (highest XP of easy adventures)
    - Witch of the Swamp ---- 150 coins
    - Island of the Pirates ---- 300 coins(highest loot of easy adventures and drops Motherly Love)
    - The Dark Priests -------- 175 coins
    - Traitors ------------------ 100 coins(utilized for XP shortcut)
    - Stealing from the Rich - 275 coins(double reward & drops white castle)
    - Old Friends -------------- 250 coins(rarity, reward, XP)
    - Outlaws ------------------ 100 coins
    - Sons of the Veld --------- 400 coins(2k+ rewards, 33k XP)
    - The Nords ---------------- 1500 coins
    - Secluded Experiments -- 200 coins(15k+ reward, 40k XP)(Anomaly because it's 40 map frags in gem shop)
    - The Black Knights ------- 2000 coins(15k+ rewards, 30 XP, epic bldg.)
    - The Dark Brotherhood -- 2500 coins(15k+ reward, 50k XP, epic bldg.)
    - Motherly Love ------------ 300 coins
    - Victor the Vicious -------- 350 coins
    This is exactly the prices I tend to look for buying adventures, though, the black knights and the dark brotherhood i can get for cheaper. I agree that these prices similarly reflect the majority of adventure sellers and are agreeable with the majority of players. Though even at 100 traitors seems too expensive as I can buy it for 25 sometimes, and sell it for 100. A range of prices seems more suitable to this. Besides the 3, I agree with this whole list.

World
    Zeus
    i will sell for cheaper have lots of stuff built up not sure what to do with it have guild building and branch office dont no how to use them new to game help any one

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by dwayne619 View Post
    i will sell for cheaper have lots of stuff built up not sure what to do with it have guild building and branch office dont no how to use them new to game help any one
    Why would you hijack this thread to sell your adventures?
    This is part of the problem.
    Someone will go and get all this guys adventures at a cut rate because he is new and does not know any better.
    He will "sell for cheaper". This is why setting prices will never work.
    So even though I would personally feel like crap by being opportunistic and grabbing up your under-priced adventures, get ready for plenty of sharks to come swimming by now that they smell blood in the water.

I am removing myself from this conversation.
    Jethro, I commend you for what you are trying to do.
    However, it can't work because there are to many traders out there with no scruples.
    I'll sell what I can sell at what I think are fair prices and do the rest myself.

World
    Zeus
    meh, i'm hoping the new trade mechanics will help aleviate these issues. if we had efficient markets, we wouldn't need price lists or scruples. just good ole' fashioned market forces to keep everything in check.

Signature Banner by Emahs2

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jethro702 View Post
    BUT THIS IS NOT A ADVERTISEMENT THREAD!
    Dwayne619 did you not see this at the front of this thread? Yet you still want to take the thread to sell adventures..... at least read before you post for your own profit.
    Last edited by Jethro702; 03-05-12 at 02:58 pm. Reason: getting the post right
    Joined Aug.8.2011

Reply to Thread