Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What happens when a lvl 3 farm harvests that last wheat?

Noble
    World
    Zeus

What happens when a lvl 3 farm harvests that last wheat?

I have level three farms. Sometimes, I see a field with 1 wheat left. When that wheat is harvested, do I get 3 for the time period from that farm, or just one?

Recruit
    It won't try to harvest it, and will just move on to another wheat field if available, or go into "not enough wheat" mode if no other wheat fields are available. This is just my personal observation from watching the peons work, but it's pretty hard to keep track of those darn critters.

World
    Zeus
    You should be demolishing a field with 1 wheat in it.

Soldier
    I know the peon will go the field and work it, never actually wondered enough to see if the storehouse upgrades by 1 or by 3 tho, but I also have noticed that you can destroy a field and rebuild it and if the timing works out, the peon will take 3 from the newly built field and continue about his merry way. So I assume you get the 3 (using the level 3 farm from the OP)

Recruit
    Demolish it before it gets Exhausted. That way you can collect some mats (materials) off it.
    Infinite in mystery is the gift of the Goddess
    We seek it thus, and take to the sky
    Ripples form on the water's surface
    The wandering soul knows no rest.

~Loveless, Act I

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Im kind of interested in the answer to this question

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrNoob View Post
    Im kind of interested in the answer to this question
    So I was bored enough to watch a farmer harvest the last wheat from a field. The short answer.
    Before the last cycle the my wheat was 505.
    After the cycle that caused depletion of the wheat field my wheat was 508.
    I witnessed a level 3 farmer do the deed.

The long answer
    Ok, so here is the setup
    I stopped all other farms for at least one cycle. So no other farms were working. (I did it 15 minutes before the Event to make sure)
    I stopped all other wheat consuming buildings (Brewery, Stables and Mills)
    I watched the settler go from the store house to the farm, to the field, stop back at the farm, and return to the store house.
    Before the last cycle the my wheat was 505
    After the cycle that caused depletion of the wheat field my wheat was 508
    I am going to conclude that the game considers it a full harvest, despite the fact that he only took 1 wheat from the field, resulting in a gain of 3.
    2 free wheat. Yippe!

Recruit
    You guys are confused about nothing, simply build more wheat fields than farms, building 1 field per farm is not practical. i have 3 fields per farm, never ran into the 1 wheat situation, and for those gaining 2 free from a field with 1 left!!! hahhahahahha, you stop your chain for 15 minutes and call that a free gain ? as for getting the answer I salute you but don't call it gain

Soldier
    I did not mean it was a net by stopping everything, I stopped everything to test what happens (you eliminate all other variables to test the variable you want). The net gain was you get 2 wheat from the last field (which only had 1 remaining but harvested 3). So if i had not stopped everything else I still would have gained the 2 wheat, thus it is a gain when it depletes. That said, i still echo what was said above in that you should destroy a field to get the resources back, instead of letting it deplete.

Soldier
    a hobbit tunnel in the ground under a big tree in help chat
    World
    Zeus
    I liked the test. Its not the two wheat that are important, its finding out what happens. Endlessly curious... Good control of variables. But the problem I have with destroying a resource when it has just one or two things left, I am never watching close enough!

Reply to Thread