Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Someone Please manage Global Chat

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRoy View Post
    The bottom line is that we, as players, can /addignore people or simply stay out of global.
    I would like to see ignore added to the sub-menu that opens when you click a players name.
    Unless you are in a guild, then you can't simply stay out of global. You need that community to swap buffs and trades. Most guilds do not let sub 17's in. The option to ignore and report aren't put anywhere in the game. Unless someone asks, players don't know this option exists.
    I will agree with the sub-menu thing. It boggles the mind why this is last on the list of things to fix.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudicus View Post
    of all the things that could be worked on, this is the least of my concerns. global chat is optional, yes its annoying to see the constant spam, political, religious and juvenile discussion topics, but i can always minimize it or switch to another channel. the devs are working on it, but tbh, i'd rather have them fix existing bugs, improve trade mechanics and introduce pvp than focus their time on monitoring who said what in chat.
    The mods aren't the same people as the devs. And taking chat mods off of moderation doesn't increase the amount of devs nor make their work go any faster. And money from customers sticking around is required to pay the devs.

It would probably be 90% cleaner with just the removal from chat of the same 3 people voraciously encouraging hate and murder of various minorities day after day, and just doing that can't be THAT difficult that it takes weeks/months of time to sort out.
    Last edited by Suzera; 03-09-12 at 01:52 pm.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzera View Post
    The mods aren't the same people as the devs. And taking chat mods off of moderation doesn't increase the amount of devs nor make their work go any faster. And money from customers sticking around is required to pay the devs.

It would probably be 90% cleaner with just the removal of the same 3 people voraciously encouraging hate and murder of various minorities day after day, and just doing that can't be THAT difficult that it takes weeks/months of time to sort out.
    ahh, i didn't realize BB_MrGrimm and BB_Mistapink were just chat mods, as these are the staff i've seen monitoring chat in the past. i figured with a title like Lead Game Master they worked more in a dev capacity. silly me.

Signature Banner by Emahs2

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    If there are events and such they're probably involved in those too, as well as support. It's just not likely they do any development work besides maybe relay feedback or test some things if you count those unless they were in a very small company which Ubisoft is not.

Global chat is beyond just "juvenile discussion" and even getting into "kill <non-white skin color> people" territory though.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    /joinchat global-7

We have silence.

And cookies.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by bombcar View Post
    TLDR

cookies.
    fxt - and i am sooo there

Recruit
    "....They are endlessly harassed by some juvenile members of this game..."

Wait... these are mods right? they just need to wield that ban-hammer with more impunity. Here, give me the ban-hammer, I'll smack some ***** upside the head for you.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I think everyone is a little too sensitive and needs to stop crying like a bunch of little babies. It's a game people it's not real life.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    The help channel is usually a quiet place where there is chit chat but new players can come and get help swapping buffs. We even trade with newbies although once they pass the the 3 trades of 50 resources for a quest level, we start requesting they strictly use the TO. Usually it's free of the trolls, and usually there are no BBs either, normally because they are not needed. Did see Suseriously in the Ares help on Tuesday, and it's really amusing to watch younger
    people fawn over Mods like they are gods and goddesses. I know they do their best, but after watching for a long long time, you can see the mods really have little control over the game itself. Chat perhaps, but it's not as if they're the ones who write code.
    Once in a great while there will be disturbances. 5 of us had to report player aryan555 yesterday for disruptive and abusive behavior, but this is rare, so players not in guilds are welcomed and generally not subject to distractions.
    So as said before: no one MUST use global; the mods are not omnipotent; everyone has an /addignore option; and this is just a game.
    Oh, and whomever said most guilds require that you be level 17 before joining, 1) many guilds require a TO, which is now a lower level and 2) many guilds also accept juveniles. So perhaps it is MOST as I have no way of quantifying, but certainly it is not ALL.
    Peace.
    [TANCS] is currently looking for a few other guilds with whom to form alliances for the purposes of trade and the eventuality of pvp. Contact me.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyTerra View Post
    Do a search on global chat, you will see this is constantly brought up and BB doesn't care. They have had plenty of time to get a handle on this and have failed to. Global chat is chasing players away, BB seems to be like "whatever".

I agree with this.

Closed Thread