Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Play a game that promises pvp...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerose View Post
    You hear carebears complain about it daily in global when they know **** well its coming. Didn't travian do a non pvp spinoff for kiddies that didn't do so well or generate much in terms of revenue? It's coming ladies and gents, embrace it and don't fight it.
    1st: There is no PVP in this game yet, your point is mute.
    2nd: Never ever listen to anyone in global chat.
    3rd: Never use the term "carebears" in a browser game

Soldier
    1: The word your looking for is moot.
    2: It's an observance and this was intended to start a discussion on pvp expectations with a little snark.
    3: The term carebears has been used widely in many genres for many many years, welcome to the internet.

Let me break it down for the confused responses. Obviously we can't have a detailed discussion on the mechanics of pvp... We don't even know what it will entail especially considering BB has mentioned that the combat coding will need to be reworked. We can however discuss what we would like to see implemented. For instance I don't like the idea of un-touchable islands. I don't want complete domination either, it's a pain micro managing my one island. I also don't like the idea of them creating a new server right after PvP is implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDet View Post
    Get ready for it? I think I will just keep doing what I am doing.
    Merely acceptance that it will happen is a form of preparation for it.

If they decide to keep pvp away from home islands and offer 100% irrevocable safety, then at least I'll know that cash shopping is pointless past getting some savages, BH gens, and licenses.

My youtube channel for Total War https://www.youtube.com/user/AnjinSanTW

I am guessing that pvp is not going to be on the home islands- they are obviously implementing the repair button in the new toolbox which we can take to mean that some buildings will be able to be attacked- my guess would be ones on the pvp area that you build to harvest some exotic resource (i.e. granite mason). I'm sure they will not need to start a new server- i'm imagining pvp will be somewhat like an adventure zone that you can attempt to take control over from other players.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Reply to Thread