Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Warning! In game trading using gem items

What I am saying is to be knowledgeable of the situation; you don't go to a shady fish monger for sashimi grade fish or you're going to be sick.

Also by doing trades like this you are using features in the game that were not intended to be traded as currency, they are called gifts for a reason. No, we can't reprimand every player that performs bad buffs or scams however we can look at their account to see if they are using multiple accounts or pushing and burn them on actual infraction that violates the code of conduct or terms of service.
    Last edited by BB_Mistapink; 03-22-12 at 07:02 pm.

Recruit
    since you can't trade anything til past level 16, it's completely the players fault if they haven't been learning the ropes so to speak in chat and the forum

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    "I didn't read the forums" is a bad excuse. It doesn't cost you any money to read the forums and this game has plenty of down time. Filling out a support ticket for this is just trying to push blame on somebody else. I know it sucks to get swindled but i hope you learned your lesson. The person who did it to you will certainly get what's coming to them, one way or another.

well if you arent paying all you lost was time. oh well.so.sorry the real scam is buying generals thinking they will get there in 15 mins and takes 54+mins lol 80)

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    There has been a thread in existance regarding bad traders, bad buffers and reverse traders for a long time now.
    Here it is,, http://forum.castleempireonline.com/...hlight=traders
    Feel free to add to that list when you find someone you can document and verify who belongs on it.
    Just another example of the power of reading forums
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Quote Originally Posted by Arismis View Post
    I don't agree.. This is like giving scammers carte blanche to scam more people. Not everyone is on the forums, and the most vulnerable are new players who don't know who the scammers are yet. Out of all the possible solutions, including not saying anything at all, this is quite possibly the worst. If you haven't made this post then the threat of punishment may at least keep some scammers at bay... but now they know that you've officially come out and said you'll do nothing about it.
    So the support team is supposed to sit there responding endlessly to ticket after ticket after ticket, individually telling people that they are not responsible for a bad trade? I think you're looking at this alll wrong. Because of them making a post, there is a HUGE papertrail of scammer after scammer with people becoming more knowledgeable everyday of who the bad seeds are. And as far as the new players are concerned... if they can't take a few minutes to browse through the forums and read a few things prior to their several days of waiting to get to level 17... that's their own fault.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkReligion View Post
    You guys may want to remove gifting anything beyond simple materials & adventures.
    OR just add in the option of "gifting" with a tacted on COD cost. Basically its like trading in other games. "COD".

If the person accepts the gift, they pay the COD price. Otherwise the gift is returned unpurchased.

That solves that problem.

The only problem left is the "buff for sale" where people are trying to sell their buffs. Not sure how that is resolved. Because the person could buff you with some cheap buff and you wouldn't know it.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    You can check the buff by visiting someone else's island, then get back to check which buff that person puts on yours. Paying little amount at first so if you get cheated, that won't hurt you much.

Recruit
    lets be realistic when i am spending my money to buy gems i am just trying to strech every dollar to go as far as i can possably make it go , lets look at numbers , do i want to take the 350 gems and trade them for 100 coins in the trader

or buy 4 parrots sell to trusted persons and get 600 gc for my 350 gems and have gems to spare to boot

one simple solution is to discontinue the gifting of gem items and make gems themselves a tradable item , i can still buy them get a good rate , sell them and folks can buy there own items , then its under the trade rules for the outher items by the system

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Having gems as a tradeable item would be great for the players but it cuts into profits for Ubi so I can't see them doing that & it's not their problem if a player gets ripped off buying from other players. They want us to pay real money for gems, if you buy gem items off other players then it's buyer beware & you should only buy from someone you can trust. There is a list of bad traders in the forum which is added to when a player who does get ripped off can be bothered to post the proof of a bad trade on the forum for others to see.
    If you don't read the forum then you are foolish for failing to, commonsense says if a trade seems to good to be true then it usually is.

Reply to Thread