Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warning! In game trading using gem items

World
    Zeus
    I thought gem items cost 2:1 coin value in game....

An awesome accomplishment of Emahs2

World
    Zeus
    Up as high as 3g per gem today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtermin8ir12 View Post
    I thought gem items cost 2:1 coin value in game....

World
    Zeus
    I agree with keeping the trading of gem items as it is.

It is very important to only use a Trusted Gem Seller. Check the list ( http://forum.thesettlersonline.net/t...hlight=traders ) (I am on page 10!), ensure you know the person and report scammers. We all participate. If you don't read the forums, how much valuable information are you missing out on?

One thing, add a quest in the 1 thru 16 beginning steps to go to the forum so the noob will know where it is. I know, so simple, but sometimes you have to lead people by the hand.
    Last edited by Princess_Jackie; 07-23-12 at 04:57 am.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arismis View Post
    I don't agree.. This is like giving scammers carte blanche to scam more people. Not everyone is on the forums, and the most vulnerable are new players who don't know who the scammers are yet. Out of all the possible solutions, including not saying anything at all, this is quite possibly the worst. If you haven't made this post then the threat of punishment may at least keep some scammers at bay... but now they know that you've officially come out and said you'll do nothing about it.
    Its not really the developers who need to be taking action on this leave it as it is. When a scammer is identified then post them in your guild chat, global and to any friends via mail or whisper as well as in the forum. If its put on the developers then the possibility is that there wont be anything worth having as gifts from the gem shop. Besides the most someone who is trying to buy gem items like a noble or silo will lose is some coin or a few materials that can easily be replaced. If you let yourself be got as a gem gifter/trader then you shouldn't be trying it in the first place. As for those not using the forums well thats their problem since this is an online MMO u know massively multiplayer which means you should be checking the forums for useful tips and so on anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkReligion View Post
    You guys may want to remove gifting anything beyond simple materials & adventures.
    I strongly disagree - the reason i sell gems is to get those coins incoming so i can keep moving
    if i was only able to gift materials (which nobody would buy) or adventures - there would be no money in gem selling realy unless you're level 42 maybe
    If this would happen - i for one would stop buying gems

I do agree that people should be more carefull when selling gems
    I have came across buyers that never bought gem items before & explained them how it works
    1 advice i always give them is to check the gemseller's island - it's not always clear but at low level with alot of upgraded buildings you know he or she probably buys gems (i was surprised when i started to sell gems that hardly anybody visited my island before buying something realy - especially with big trades) & i tell people that they can ask me for names of people who i traded before to see if i'm safe

to stop scamming on gemtrades is very simple tho - make the gem an item in the storehouse so you can trade it with the trade system - the buyer gets the gems instead of the goods & can buy with he or she wants with it
    Last edited by elite_warlord; 08-16-12 at 12:05 am.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by elite_warlord View Post

to stop scamming on gemtrades is very simple tho - make the gem an item in the storehouse so you can trade it with the trade system - the buyer gets the gems instead of the goods & can buy with he or she wants with it
    yeah...but that's not the point tho, is it?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Wujcio View Post
    yeah...but that's not the point tho, is it?
    well yeah it is.

items that cant be gifted like building licences, endless copper mines and gem mine.

So a player like me that dont buy gems i would love this idea!!!

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Adding gems to the storehouse so it can be traded with the trade system would not mean less money for UBI, it would mean exactly the same amount of money.

Look at how it is right now...

scenario 1 - Gem buyer buys an item with his gems and sells that to someone. So the Gem buyer spent real money to buy gems.
    scenario 2 - Gem buyer sells gems to another player and that player uses the gems for whatever he/she wants. So the Gem buyer spent real money to buy gems.

In both scenarios the Gems are originally bought from the shop, and this wouldn't change

UnitedFederation
    I am a new player and let me tell you my exxperience with this.. Turns out that I was scammed in 4 trades on day 1.. Warning.. The people in this game are literally crooks and they will prey upon you. I have had people act like car salesmen in whispers to me trying to force me into details. What I mean by force is every time I went to say no.. they wouldnt take it as an answer and kept on untl I just cut off communications. Warning to all new players.. do NOT trade at all.. If you value anything, you will listen to me on this. If I were not a gem purchaser myself I would have been so mad as to leave the game. Do Not Trust ANYONE until they prove that you can trust them. They will particularly target you if you say you are new to the game. That's how they got me. So I wouldnt even tell them you are new or you have been here 1-2 days. They will look on that as a sign of weakness and it will be like shark feeding time.

Hope this is helpful --- United Federation

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Gem sellers just normally require payment in advance. Problem solved. If you are really worried limit your interaction with the buyer/seller first few times to a smaller amount so its not devastating if something goes south.

Common sense

Reply to Thread