Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Tab needs Fixing...

World
    Zeus

Help Tab needs Fixing...

I am all for free speech and expressing oneself, but dear Ubi-Soft moderators/employees/designers/rule-makers can you please make a couple of more rules for the Help Tab?

The help tab is meant for new players to ask questions to understand the game, but lately I've been seeing less helping going on and more trade advertisements and guild recruiting. It gets frustrating when I try to answer a player's question and before I can hit the "enter" key, I see 3 trade advertisements (most of which are rip-offs, border-lining scamming) and a guild recruitment comments.

I understand that both of these actions are frowned upon in the help tab, but since they aren't outright against the CoC a lot of players just spam away with their trade offers and headhunting. So can we just make it official and have trade advertising and guild recruiting to not be allowed in the Help tab now?
    \

"The violets will fade, the brook will dry up, and life will pass away."

I agree
    "The one that got away isn't always
    the one that fell in love"

Quote Originally Posted by Thea View Post
    I am all for free speech and expressing oneself, but dear Ubi-Soft moderators/employees/designers/rule-makers can you please make a couple of more rules for the Help Tab?

The help tab is meant for new players to ask questions to understand the game, but lately I've been seeing less helping going on and more trade advertisements and guild recruiting. It gets frustrating when I try to answer a player's question and before I can hit the "enter" key, I see 3 trade advertisements (most of which are rip-offs, border-lining scamming) and a guild recruitment comments.

I understand that both of these actions are frowned upon in the help tab, but since they aren't outright against the CoC a lot of players just spam away with their trade offers and headhunting. So can we just make it official and have trade advertising and guild recruiting to not be allowed in the Help tab now?
    i wholeheartedly agree with you Thea. You're very kind to freely offer your insight, experience and assistance to new players looking for guidance and it's certainly no place for trade/recruitment spam. I hardly ever go to the help tab (shame on me), but i can imagine it would be very frustrating if it's anything like global-1.
    These things I very firmly believe: -That government should butt out. -That freedom is our most precious commodity and if we are not eternally vigilant, government will take it all away. -That individual freedom demands individual responsibility. -That the tree of liberty needs to be watered from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -That any group of people willing to give up a little freedom for a little organization will lose both and deserve neither.

It is getting to the point where we just need player- run channels and there would be a set of trusted players who could act as moderators - could be useful if they allowed us to join a set of channels every time we log in instead of just those two each time.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

The problem is there is no moderation really and without a proper trade chat tab it happens as general chat usually goes to fast and will happen even without it.

Heck half of the chat in help is general chat usually but often less nasty then general so if they enforced it then people would have to go back to general. :P
    Last edited by Chompman; 04-01-12 at 11:21 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    An interesting, though probably more effective in theory than in practice, way to run Help would be to only allow players under level say, 20 post questions and people would whisper the question asker to answer them. Sadly, this would require programming so it is not an immediate fix but it could stop the worst of the spam in Help.

I find most questions asked in Help could be answered by following the tutorial or looking here, on the forums, but most people don't check. I only mention this in case someone wants to present the argument "But if you answer in whisper, other people won't see the answers." If you have the bad luck to log in 5 minutes after someone who had the same question as you, you'd never see it anyway, which is why the forums or guides or FAQ are a better resource.

Just my thoughts on the topic.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    the problem with answering in whispers is that for every person that asks a question there are 3 or 4 that are to embarrassed to ask the same question. I'd hate to miss not helping those people too.

Settler
    I think that help tab should be open to level 1-20 Perse, and after that people should auto-leave it. After that point they need to manually join each log in.
    this will really deter that. I know for example we post that just because its a click away, and lots of people avoid global.

World
    Zeus
    I'd rather not have the level 1-20 players be the only ones able to ask questions. Even when I had hit level 30, I was asking questions about the more advanced buildings and adventures...
    \

"The violets will fade, the brook will dry up, and life will pass away."

Reply to Thread