Reply to Thread

Thread: [Tool] SettlersOnlineTools - Combat Simulator

Recruit

[Tool] SettlersOnlineTools - Combat Simulator

Hello,

finally we released the english version of our combat simulator.

http://www.settlersonlinetools.com/en/combat_simulator/

An instruction is following but maybe you discover the features by yourself .

The most important feature is, that you can optimize your attacks - just select the type of soldiers you have and the sim says how many of each type you need for an optimal result - TRY IT!

Post feedback, questions, bugs and requests please here.

Hope you enjoy it!

Klaventsmann

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You're going to need to address this before the site is really usable. It looks awesome, and feature-rich, but I've got things to do ...

I beat your high score Hobknocker.

Signature by Emahs2
    [13:13] SERVER: You are not allowed to add yourself to your ignore list.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I think you'll expire before that finishes simulating, so really ... who's won here? LOL.

I really did like the look & feel of the site, and the interactive adventure map for camp selection. A TON of work was put into this and it looks very nice. But really, the simulation process is unusable in this form. We should note that's only when you ask the site to figure out the optimal troop configuration for you. When you put in your troops & the bandit's, it works quite well.

Recruit
    Klaventsmann - this is the beginning of an awesome tool. would be better if you applied more heuristics instead of relying on pure computational power.

For example - look at the existing guides for adventures, there's a lot of similarities between the sends for different types of camps. There's basically 3 main "types" of attacks - an attack to reduce troops counts, an attack to enable unit use (taking out cavs etc.), and the attack to actually take out a camp. There's different rules for each type of attack, for example - in an attack to enable unit use you want to send as few units as possible to get rid of the offenders (cavs, etc.), in an attack to take out a camp you want to send enough recruits to absorb x rounds of combat damage.

It's difficult compiling the set of all possible rules, but it's not impossible due to the simplicity of combat in this game.

World
    Zeus
    thx these help alot!
    winsland

Reply to Thread