Reply to Thread

Thread: New to trading ~ Have a question (or 3)

World
    Zeus

New to trading ~ Have a question (or 3)

Hey !! Just started trading last night, it's fun.

I'm seeing different formats in the email responses and it confuses me. One format has the exact trade proposed in the email title and also has the exact trade proposed right above the accept/decline buttons.

The other format I see just has trade accepted in the email title and what I get above the accept/decline buttons. This seems weird to me and also if I've done several trade requests in several minutes, I've already forgotten what the amount I get refers to. I suppose I could write down everything to avoid my own confusion. That seems like too much work, but if this is just how the trade system is, guess I'll have to learn to live with it. After seeing posts about people scamming on trades I'm just a bit nervous I guess. Should I only accept trades in the full format like I described first?

Also... is there some kind of decline etiquite?? In other words, if I only have enough goods to do one trade so have to decline all but the first taker, is this like rude or something?? Is it expected and accepted. Or.... do I need to be able to do multiple trades when I put something out there? Thanks in advance for all your answers!

Ok... I'm adding to this post because something weird has happened. Trades I put out there were my offers of iron swords for eggs. I accepted other offers of gold coins or gold ore for horses and other resources and also two trades of coins for sausages. Nowhere in any of this was steel swords, yet I'm now missing at least 100 steel swords. So yes, I was scammed somehow. No more trading till I get some feedback from you guys.

Perwyn
    Last edited by Perwyn; 04-13-12 at 11:42 am.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    there is a number of lowlifes that scam..in the case you mentioned above, odds are someone you "freinded" sent you a bogus trades in hopes you didnt notice.

If you decline, it happens...most have only enough for "x" amount of trades, and, especially if its a great deal you're offering, declines happen, and most players here know this. Dont sweat it.

World
    Zeus
    Thanks Achilles. I've done some more trading and am starting to get the hang of it. When I make an offer is when the mail comes with complete info as I described earlier. It's when I click on somebody elses offer that I get a mail that just tells me my cost. Weird but OK, that's the way it is. I'm holding my trades to just doing offers for right now. That way I can see and review all the details before I accept. Maybe once I'm more used to it I'll be more comfortable... or not. Losing steel swords was a real burn.

World
    Zeus
    Wow!!! Thanks for all the input. What a helpful community!!!! LMAO

Oh well.... been trading for eggs like a maniac, got my experienced explorer, veteran general and about an hour ago gave my wife who, just started playing 2 weeks ago, over 900 eggs so she could get a veteran general too.

Next time I have any questions I'll be sure not to come here for any help. No offence Achilles.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    When you send a trade request it does not tell you your cost. It only tells you what you get if they accept and what you get back if its returned.

World
    Zeus
    If you want to avoid the reverse trades, do not friend anyone that sends you a random friend request. It is sad that it comes to that, but one bad apple *something something* the whole bunch .

Reply to Thread