Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Map Frag Cost vs adventure

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Unhappy Map Frag Cost For Adventures

Okay so this new adventure Surprise Attack, difficulty 6 for maximum 2 players costs 500 map frags.
    At 3 frags a trip for your the explorer that's 166.6666,,,, so round that up to 167 trips.
    For a medium search that works out to:
    167 trips at 30 coins each is 5,010 coins
    167 trips at 150 sausages each is 25,050 sausages.

Personally I think that is way to high.
    Even for those adventures that cost half that much,,, it is still too high in my opinion.
    What do you folks think??
    Last edited by TeaTime; 04-14-12 at 09:40 pm.
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Depends on the rewards you get for it. If it drops 5k coins and 25k sausages it might be worth it. *rofl*
    (Yeah, like that'll happen. Adventures are probably set that high so no one will ever buy them.)

Recruit
    the thing to keep in mind about trading is both sides want something and hope to pay the least to get it, kinda like bidding on government jobs lol. but when a player is basically at the superstore like the treasure chest. its pay the price or don't. sure that means the buyer needs to consider the value and is it really worth it. caveat emptor "buyer beware" is apt. the prices are overly too high especially for the payouts from them, but the superstore as it were is more for the impatient customer that doesn't want to wait versus the one that hopes to get true value.

Soldier
    When the mentioned that they were adding new adventures to the map fragment menu, I got excited. Maybe they would make map frags more useful. IMO, they made them less useful and even more of a booby prize. I have been constantly sending my 3 explorers out since level 26, and I only recall buying maybe 2 or 3 times using map frags. I only have around 200 right now. I saw the values on test, and thought it was basically because they gave you 7,000 or 10,000 map frags, not that they were the actual values they were going to be on live servers. The cost of adventures via map frags is WAY too high.

Recruit
    the cost to send an explorer out searching for map frags is 10 and 50, so your totals are off but 1340 coins and 6700 sausage is still excessive

Settler
    Adventures really need to be nerfed in cost, and increased in population numbers. Even if it makes it insanely easy. It would improve the quality of the comrodery in the game.

map frament returns from exploerers should be 20 per a trip at the min. (at current map prices)
    and im a fan of the idea of another way to get frags (maybe have some bread, and sausage convert to get them in prov house)

Yes. The price of buying adventures with map frags is ridiculous! The developer have made certain that no one will be buying adventures with map frags (with the exception of The Black Knights)

Signature by Angal

Quote Originally Posted by TeaTime View Post
    Okay so this new adventure Surprise Attack, difficulty 6 for maximum 2 players costs 400 map frags.
    Surprise Attack costs 500 Map Fragments. Minor details but I agree with you, the cost is very very high. But what else are you going to do with them?

Signature by Emahs2
    [13:13] SERVER: You are not allowed to add yourself to your ignore list.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks SirDet, i changed totals to reflect 500 map frag cost.
    Last edited by TeaTime; 04-14-12 at 11:20 am.
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Recruit
    they should make the map frags found to be randomized. With a small chance of getting 50

Reply to Thread