Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Map Frag Cost vs adventure

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    The whole map fragments, cost of troops and commodities really needs to be reworked. It was long enough before, now it will take forever. Of course if the ratio of success on getting a quest versus failure is significantly increased then it is less "wasted" resources. Of course then the fragments really become meaningless. If the amounts are going to 500, or even 100 - 200 and you're only giving out 3 fragments that takes a lot of trips. Not everyone has 10 explorers to go search for fragments. I only have two, and finally have enough resources to afford another savage scout and "normal" one to bring me up to 4. Obviously it is trade offs, but there are finite resources. If 200 fragments are needed then randomize the amount of fragments found from 3 - 30, or else make it a flat 10 fragments (seriously 3 into 500, 200, never a round number).

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Well the value of the adventures when you do find them helps make up for it alot. The main thing I have an issue with is that the low level searches (cheaper) give the same fragments as the expensive searches. I believe the map fragments from a failed search should be perportionate to the cost of searching or at least give it a random element to it.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikiel View Post
    Na, its not excessive, it has to cost something, its one of the sink holes.
    Talar would know about sink holes. Going from costing 40 frags to 200 (outlaws for example) is a stupid change of scale. Another BB special. Get what you pay for I guess.
    Last edited by USillyRabbit; 05-02-12 at 08:38 am.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Also keep in mind, you can get any adventure a few different ways now, including doing adv hunts and the random chest in trader. So if you get one of these adv's that requires a big amount of frags, you will benefit greatly!

Reply to Thread