Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me understand

Recruit

Lightbulb Help me understand

First I want it known that this game is truly unique and fascinating in how it is set up and played. People can proceed, grow, specialize or not at the pace they set; it's remarkable really. You can buy gems or just relax and play and they come to you through various means. I'm very proud of what i have accomplished in the time i have played, planned things out set goals and taking my time to reach them. I realize all this aside, my point for writing this may seem tedious, but i still hope it is taken seriously. The issue i have is with the [B]Bottomless Well[B]. there are 5 known water sources available in this game, from the Artesian Well Deed for a mere 95 gems and gives a astounding 6000 water; very nice i must say; yet it perishes obviously. Still a great deal though. the Watermill...........pause for angelic music of heraldry. This amazing piece is 895 gems, never runs out, makes water out of literally nothing. Now that is genius and pure heaven, also appears you can buy an unlimited amount of them so whoohoo. Truly brilliant. Then you have the in game wells, aptly named Well, Deep Well, and Bottomless Well. The first two I understand, they are great for the beginners and short term players who need water. But i admit the moment i saw Bottomless Well, it truly gave me the goal and ambition to strive for Level 50, I mean its pure genius, you dangle an enticement to level up and work hard, thinking to yourself............wow once i get to Lv 50, i can scrimp and save the right materials and never have to buy a well again. Plus from the player's perspective it makes you feel that you truly want to offer real options. Think on it, you got the impatient players who will not wait so they buy a watermill, maybe some artesians, but to the other dedicated gamers out there who don't spend, perhaps can't spend..............you send the message that hey you matter to us also. But the stark reality I just had thrust into my face, the Bottomless Well has a capacity limit of 3000. Let me state clearly i am a avid supporter and gem buyer, and no that does not entitle me to anything at all. I just want you to truly grasp my disappointment. Bottomless means without end, never ending. I'm lv35, i was psyched and prepped to work towards lv50 cause to me i thought with the 5 diff options you showed understanding for all types of players, gem buyers and the non buyers. But with you guys wrongly naming and allowing a player like me and probably many others to feel as though you are misleading us; i have lost my sense of urgency to level up, and i might slow down on gem buying as well. this is a truly wonderful game, But its the exceptional game that cares for all its players that truly win. Whether you in beta or not. And even though to you my small complaint about something so tiny as a well that is named wrong, may seem unimportant to you; I ask you to fix this in some way. People believe the Bottomless well = the hard worker's Watermill and its not. So i ask you to either name it correctly, or make it function correctly that it can match the name its been given. Thanks for your time and consideration, Bipolar1014 of Guild Oddities

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I agree, Bottomless Wells should be limitless OR the name should be changed. Badly labeled item, indeed.
    Happy Gaming Everyone !

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You have to realize that most of these names came from GERMAN VERSION. I don't think the person who did the translating is up to snuff. Take the coinage building? If you run the original name thorugh Bing's tranlator, it comes up as mint, which is what we normally call a place that makes coins in English. I didn't look at the german name for well when I was doing some of my own calculations on wells, but I think the name might not be bottomless in German.

Alleah
    Oddies Guild

Recruit
    For me in my opinion I think Bottomless Well should be like it's name it should be Bottomless or like a watermill... You know why? 1st It's not that easy to get to level 50 at all you may spend a lot of time and effort just to get there..., 2nd I suggest you up the resources of making a Bottomless Well like lets say 500 granite and 500 exotic wood planks for anything above the current resource value and make it an unlimited well and make it also to take up 1 licence to balance it, 3rd Water Mill is still good even if you put a REAL Bottomless Wells because Bottomless Well takes up a licence while Watermills don't... Think of it? at least make the non gem buyers feel that they are important and they can still have a privilege or something like a gem buyer.

This is only my Opinion and I will take any other opinions as well but I won't take criticisms.

I'm not certain you realized just how far away you are currently from level 50.

Signature by emahs2! ........ Looking for an adventure? Start your search here! ....Also Buying eggs!

Recruit
    part of the point is even at lv35, it was something that motivated me to level up. but with knowing they aren't truly bottomless. kinda lost the ambition

Recruit
    shinichi, you pretty much restated my case, but expanded a lil bit. and have to be open to criticism or otherwise it can lead you to being silent

Recruit
    YEAH! I was hoping it would never run out, as well as those **** wheatfields. I guess I could spend $200 on enough watermills and silos to keep my kingdom running without having to deal with the lame 3 queue limit. But I don't think so lol.

Recruit
    thanks to the easter event and my ability to acquire eggs. i bought 21 watermills with eggs, so i won't need a real bottomless well. Doesn't take away from the validity of my point tho.

Reply to Thread