Reply to Thread

Thread: Painful Learning Experience: "Waiting Quests" and "Daily Quests"

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Painful Learning Experience: "Waiting Quests" and "Daily Quests"

I want to relate a very frustrating experience I have had with the game and in doing so, I hope others who might have had the same experience will avoid the issue.

Last week I received the quest 'WitchHunt" as a daily quest. I have just reached a level where i was able to send explorers out to hunt for map frags but I have been sending them out to search for Eggs instead. In my "Waiting Quest" box I had "Military Extension".

Try as I might, I could not complete Military Extension ... it had no tracking box and no "OK" button to complete it even though I had built the 10 Soldiers required. Of course, the next day, the quest was gone and it had been replaced with a new "Waiting Quest" to sell Exotic Wood. I had no Exotic wood to sell, so I did not sweat it and 24 hours later the quest was gone and replaced with a new one ...I don't recall which it was but I know I fulfilled the requirements and ... alas ... like Military Extension, I could not complete it! At this point I emailed the Dev team and was told to clear my cookies and cache. I merrily did so and held my breath expecting to receive my rewards .... and nothing changed! And like Military Extension, at the daily server reset time, this quest vanished and was replaced with a new Waiting Quest.

So for seven days I toiled and railed and gnashed my teeth as all these quests came and went and I completed them and received nothing. I wrote the devs who had gotten very quiet on me, never replying, and I gave up.

Today I finally figured out why this has been happening! Your 'Waiting Quest" becomes your "Daily Quest" if the daily slot is empty!

Perhaps i am a complete fool for not realizing this earlier and I would have saved myself a ton of bother if I had seen any documentation on this. To date I have not, I do not know if the developers have clearly stated this anywhere. If any of you out there in forum-land are thinking ... "Why Erasmus, you fool, everyone knew that!" then I am silly indeed. But as of this posting I have still seen no clear information that would have resolved this situation for me sooner.

I know, I could have Canceled the quest, but as I said it was not until today that I realized the relationship between the Daily/Waiting quests and all the devs ever had to say about the issue was ... clear cookies and cache.

That's my story.

Live and learn.
    Last edited by ErasmusCrow; 04-22-12 at 07:55 am.

World
    Zeus
    yeah, thanks for the warning
    winsland

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you Erasmus!
    With hours to go before running into the same problem I was able to complete my waiting quest which required 600 tools. Like Erasmus, I couldn't find any info that related to our problem. I was hoping for a glossary, game rules page, or even a pro tip that could help but alas my searching was running thin. So for everyone out there who can't complete their waiting quest - finish or cancel your daily quest! Then you can continue without losing all your hard-earned materials. Thanks again ErasmusCrow and hopefully you were given an awesome gift from the dev team for your very helpful post.

Peace-out Realm1
    Wangzo

World
    Zeus
    Thanks for confirming my suspitions.

Like you, I do agree, that there should've been a note, line or something more explanatory about it!!

Cheers,
    Gus

World
    Zeus
    Just cancel the adventure daily quest and move on
    If at first you don't succeed blame someone else!

World
    Zeus
    You have a point ErasmusCrow. Daily quests are relatively new, so no guide or pro-tip has been developed. I do believe the best course of action is to make your post a Pro-tip.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
    Just cancel the adventure daily quest and move on
    If I cancel the daily quest (Do Outlaws) I will then get new daily quests I can do? I didn't try because I thought they would be blocked by the uncompleted daily quest.
    If something can go wrong, it will.

Soldier
    Quote Originally Posted by Wimpy View Post
    If I cancel the daily quest (Do Outlaws) I will then get new daily quests I can do? I didn't try because I thought they would be blocked by the uncompleted daily quest.
    it should be good, i cancelled a daily quest (do pirates of the island adventure) and the next day i received a new daily quest.
    the greatest delusion of all is thinking that there is only one reality where in fact there are multiple realities based on our own perceptions...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    You are not "a complete fool". You have saved me from endless frustration. Thanks for figuring this out and poting it! I feel my sanity returning.

Reply to Thread