Reply to Thread

Thread: Spare Population: 10,663 (Or: Why a Level 5 Provision House is Your Best Friend)

Noble
    World
    Zeus

Spare Population: 10,663 (Or: Why a Level 5 Provision House is Your Best Friend)

So I'd heard, from time-to-time, about these players who have hundreds, or even thousands, of extra settlers in their star menu. I was always a bit dubious of such claims, but thought I'd take some time & see how long it really took to accumulate that much extra population. The results are below, and show 17 full stacks of 625 settlers, plus some remnants and the 20 I received as my daily login bonus today.

It took me over a week of minimal adventuring to accomplish this. I've done 4 or 5 loot spots, losing 200 ~ 250 troops each time, as well as 4 Horseback adventures, losing a bit over 1,600 troops (Recruits & Bowmen), along the way. My current population is full, though it's hidden behind my avatar. On each of the loot spots I received 300 settlers, so killing those troops actually added to my excess capacity.

Along the way, I still managed to produce more than 150 baskets & 75 sandwiches per day, and keep my 5 fishermen and 8 hunters fully stocked w/20k plus in their deposits.

So if you're wondering whether it's useful to upgrade your Provision House, my answer is an unequivical YES! A stack of baskets pops out in 2.5 hours. Sell them at 6g each and your Provision House is making 60g/hr. Settlers take less than 4 hours per stack, which means you can replace those lost troops ever so much faster & do more adventuring.

Hey Hob, thank you for taking the time to post that. I do have a question... I was under the impression that lvl 4 was the highest you could take buildings....?

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    No, it's level 5.

I bet I was thinking of peoples' personal opinion not to go higher than lvl 4. Again, thank you for the info

Recruit
    lol 3 sets of 25baskets for 18hours all in all? at level 5 provision house? lol? are you kidding me? my level 3 provision house takes only 12hours to complete 3 sets of 25baskets... this is a fake or what? @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    No, it's level 5.

Last edited by Shinichi; 04-30-12 at 05:25 pm.

Recruit

See my level 3 provision it's 4hours per basket making it 12 hours for 3 sets
    I'm not sure if the image below is yours coz as what I can see it's level 5 right? and OMG 18hours for 3 sets? @_@

Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    No, it's level 5.

Last edited by Shinichi; 04-30-12 at 05:25 pm.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinichi View Post

See my level 3 provision it's 4hours per basket making it 12 hours for 3 sets
    I'm not sure if the image below is yours coz as what I can see it's level 5 right? and OMG 18hours for 3 sets? @_@
    Shinichi, if you look, Hob is scrolled down. So he has more than three queued up, most likely 6 or 7 total.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    There was another stack of settlers, three sandwich stacks, and baskets in there when I took that pic. Maybe meat deposits too, can't remember when they popped out. Since you have the coins & marble to upgrade, I would recommend doing so. The dividends of an upgraded PH are excellent.

Recruit
    so your saying that when you upgrade provisions house you get more ques? or you can have as many as you want? I thought you can only do max of 3 lol

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    You can queue up as many items in PH as you want, and your resources allow. The PH's building level has no bearing on that at all. The 3 item queue limit is only on the building of actual buildings from the 4 building menus. Someone has a picture of ~30 (or more), noble residences being built simultaneously in one of the picture contest threads.

Reply to Thread