Reply to Thread

Thread: Traitors Adventure Bugged?

World
    Zeus

Traitors Adventure Bugged?

Since the coming out of the Veteran General and some lovely advanced blocking made by our German counterparts, I've done the Traitors adventure a few times and have noticed a rather ugly trend: my general goes AWOL.

Here's a few of things my general has done on this adventure
    General ignores retreat order, attacks camp only to reappear back at the garrison as if nothing happened
    General does nothing when I order an attack
    On route, the general disappears only to reappear back at the "starting line"
    Lots of my general walking in one spot only to shoot forward
    General defeats a camp starts the walk back only to start the fight process all over again
    2 generals coming out of the same garrison, walking 1 right behind the other and disappear back to the garrison

I realize that a lot of these things can be attributed to lagging due to lots of people on the server all at once, but the thing is, I've been doing this adventure late a night when there aren't as many players online. And this things only happen when I'm trying to block a camp at the last leader. I've lost troops because of these "glitches" and it's getting very frustrating to do this adventure.

When I vented my frustration to my guild, I learned that I wasn't the only one that's had these problems, so if you've encountered the same problems, please add a post to this thread to show the lovely workers at UbiSoft that there's something hinky going on with this particular adventure. Much appreciation.
    \

"The violets will fade, the brook will dry up, and life will pass away."

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I had similar experiences with Traitors and submitted a ticket because of it. Here's what I submitted:
    I have twice encountered problems with the final battles on the Traitors adventure. I have a method where I block the camp to the SW of the castle, allowing me to attack the castle directly. Twice now (4/20 & 4/21 Eastern US), my blocking appeared to work, in that my Veteran general attacked the castle and I heard the battle sounds and saw the dust cloud in front of the castle. But then I'd get the victory sound & the blocked camp disappeared, and my Veteran general reappeared near his garrison & marched to the castle to fight again. Both times I received the email saying my general had been intercepted.

I've lost a total of 180 Elite soldiers from this bug, and while I don't care too much about that, I did want to make you aware of this issue. My Veteran general clearly walked into the castle both times and I received the visual and audio feedback of the battle occuring there. The Veteran's battle with the castle starts while the blocking general's battle is still underway.
    I later added this to the ticket:
    As a final bit of information – after this morning’s incident, I recalled the Veteran general before he could attack the castle. I then sent all my generals home and returned to my island. I went back to the adv and saw the dust cloud in front of the castle, and noticed that the Veteran’s garrison showed a status of Attacking. This is AFTER I successfully recalled the Veteran and saw his garrison dismantle when I sent it home. At that point, I cancelled the adventure to save the 100 Elite soldiers he still had left.
    BB's response:
    This may have occurred due to server lag, it is not recommended to use a blocking tactic as server lag will sometimes cause this to glitch.
    I've heard similar stories from others. Personally, I won't do Traitors again until I hear that its issues have been resolved.

Soldier
    I have had the same issues on traitors and other adventures where the general does what he wants and attacks camps he was not supposed to, nor that he should have been intercepted by. I have also seen it where graphically they are attacking the correct camps but then the battle report comes back and nothing was what was shown. I have had these problems on Traitors and stealing from the rich. I changed my attack order on Stealing to avoid this problem, but i agree that traitors has become untrustworthy. Some where down the list i made a post, they did not reply but compensated me in other ways.

Recruit
    I had a similar experience with Traitors on the weekend. I had two generals blocking the west camp and two generals attacking the castle. Both castle generals went to the castle but after a little bit the second general decided to attack the west camp all on his own!!

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    That could be bug, or a by-product of how I think the game works. When the first general's attack on the blocking camp ends, the aggro zone pops up again very briefly, (not visibly, just in terms of it being in effect). Your second general waiting his turn in the castle is "unassigned" and when the aggro pops, he's intercepted by it and goes to fight that camp.

Again, this is just my opinion of how it works, (I had the same thing happen to me once). And to some degree, I understand it, although I think that once a general's disappeared into a camp, he should remain assigned to that camp no matter what happens externally.

Reply to Thread