Reply to Thread

Thread: Personal Opinions--We all have them...

World
    Zeus

Personal Opinions--We all have them...

...and I'm here to post mine. Please keep in mind, this is just my opinion.

A trade offer only lasts 10 minutes. I find it frustrating when I go into trade and send out trade offers to people who have posted items in the trade tab, only to have them declined. Now, for the opinion part:

If a trade offer only lasts 10 minutes, there are a limited number of people who will get to respond to it. Therefore, in my opinion, if one is posting a trade on the trade tab, one should have enough resources to cover the incoming offers. I don't click on trades for the fun of it; I click on them because I need the resources offered.

Thank you. I will now step down from my soap box.

Soldier
    you can also bug out the timer by not hitting update all that often and thus you can get offers from many hours ago. My personal record is around 8 hours after the trade was originally posted. Second, some players who want to say sell 800 units, price it to move, but just above the buying prices, get 2 offers that they can cover then 3 more before they clear it, and because you didnt update you send in another trade request. So how is that the sellers fault? Yes declined trades are a bit annoying when you want something now, but what in this game works on the give it too you now principle?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    As a frequent seller, I find it frustrating that "hours go by" and then I get a request.

I try to post fair prices, and usually get 2-3 offers within a few minutes. But after filling those orders, I most likely have expended my available
    resources, and then must decline the ones that come in hours late. I know people don't want to be declined, and I don't like to do it, but I
    can't fill requests for things I've already sold. As a seller, I try to make sure I have enough goods to fill at least 3-4 orders.

btw Granny always said, "opinions are like belly buttons, everybody has one!"

another thought, Ubisoft has already said they are moving towards allowing sellers to list more than one item at a time (right now it's one every 10
    minutes), this will increase the list a LOT, half with silly offers. If all those offers stayed LONGER, the list would also become longer also,making
    your shopping trip less enjoyable.
    Last edited by Elegante; 05-17-12 at 01:14 pm.

World
    Zeus
    Wow...I wasn't aiming to: 1) upset anyone. I was merely stating an opinion fostered from a large list of "declined" I had just waded through; 2) say, indicate or insist in any way that I expected someone to "give to me now" to quote the first responder; or 3) get my head ripped off my body for having what granny says everyone else has--an opinion.

So what, then? Is it only certain people who are allowed to express an opinion without any or all of the three points above happening? I did notice that I expressly stated this was just an opinion. In italics, even, to make it stand out a bit. I vented, got it off my chest and moved on. So very sorry if I made you angry by doing that. Everyone else does it, and usually in a far more unpleasant way than I did. But I guess that's ok, right? Have fun tearing me apart now. I won't be back to this thread. It's one thing to say something, with perhaps a bit of hoped-for sensible interchange; it's another completely to do that and get nothing but vitriol back.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Mystica, in my opinion

You are too easily offended:
    no one "ripped your head off your body" and gave you "nothing but vitriol".

And I even think you got "sensible interchange" in that Evelude & I simply pointed out the other side of the coin.
    We both acknowledged your frustration, and no, you didn't make me angry at all. Peace out.

Also, please note that both of us offered suggestions to help you with this perceived problem:

Evelude said that by making sure the trade list is current (use the update button), you'll see the newest offers, thereby increasing the
    chances that the goods are still available.

I was a bit more indirect, so let me clarify. If you are frustrated being a buyer and potentially getting declined, then be a seller instead! If you know, for
    example, you need bread but have tons of coal, then post a trade selling coal for bread. The worst that will happen is no one responds, then you
    can just relist the trade after 10 minutes. You will never be declined again! (though you might have to decline someone else!)

Good luck with the game.

PS, you said you wouldn't come back to this thread, so you may be missing good & helpful information.
    Another thing Granny always said: "Don't cut off your nose to spite your face."
    Last edited by Elegante; 05-18-12 at 07:18 am.

Recruit
    Being able to offer 2 or 3 trades at once would help alot if you are trying to gain resources or sell your goods for something you need it takes FOREVER. The game is slow paced as it and it hard to stay interested because production times are long and trades are limited.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I wouldn't get too worked up about it. There are going to be a lot of changes made to the trade system very soon.

Reply to Thread