Reply to Thread

Thread: Coordinated attacks

World
    Zeus

Question Coordinated attacks

Hello

If you were to attack a bandit camp with two garrisons, each landing 2 to 3 seconds apart; Will the first garrison attack and complete the fight before the second one engages or will they both engage the camp together?

KM

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Don't worry about getting the timing exact. First garrison attacks, and completes its battle. Any partially-damaged troops immediately recover to full strength and then the next garrison attacks. Troops killed by first garrison stay dead.

Unless you're doing some blocking technique, it's usually advantageous to let the first garrison complete its battle before sending the 2nd garrison. That way you can see exactly what troops are left to defeat, and possibly adjust your 2nd garrison's configuration to maximal effect.

World
    Zeus
    What if the bandit camp is too strong and you calculated that by using two garrison together would destroy the bandit without loosing your generals and be victorious. Would this work or is it only theoretical since like you said only one garrison attacks at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobknocker View Post
    Don't worry about getting the timing exact. First garrison attacks, and completes its battle. Any partially-damaged troops immediately recover to full strength and then the next garrison attacks. Troops killed by first garrison stay dead.

Unless you're doing some blocking technique, it's usually advantageous to let the first garrison complete its battle before sending the 2nd garrison. That way you can see exactly what troops are left to defeat, and possibly adjust your 2nd garrison's configuration to maximal effect.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Many camps require 2, 3 or even 4 ~ 5 waves. Each wave is a garrison. On your home island, I don't think you need to send more than 2 waves anymore, especially if you have the Veteran general. But the basic premise of all multi-wave attacks is the same. Send wave 1, then wave 2, etc. They attack sequentially, with wounded bandits healing between waves.

The thing to remember is that the randomness involved in each attack means that you cannot predict the exact number of bandits you'll kill with wave 1. You can only calculate a range. And yes you can then take the lower end of that range and come up with a troop composition for wave 2 that will reliably finish off the remaining bandits. My point is that if you're not under some type of time crunch, (as you would be in a blocking activity), there's little value in just calculating the 2-wave solution & always sending it. Send the first wave & see what's left. In many situations, you'll be able to tweak the 2nd wave's composition to save yourself an extra troop or three.

Recruit
    how do you kill wild mary

World
    Zeus
    Search Wild Mary in the form.

Posted by Call-Me-King: "200 cavalry on the 1st wave, which kills off the dogs, and I used 35 militia/50 soldiers/115 longbowman (2nd wave) to take Mary out. Make sure you send your first wave, let them take out the dogs, and then send 2nd wave. Dont send both waves at same time. Other troops used can defeat her as well, but if you use anything diff I suggest using the combat simulator to see if you will be successful vs learning the hard way"

Reply to Thread