Reply to Thread

Thread: Titanium Drops Need Revision

Soldier
    World
    Zeus

Unhappy Titanium Drops Need Revision

I understand that higher level weapons need titanium. That being said, the value of titanium is, and to my knowledge always has been, less than that of granite.

Yet, drops of titanium from adventures are way less than granite or e-logs. I believe this needs to be looked at.

I dread every time I look at my adventure rewards and find titanium. It is also incredibly hard to get rid of in trade for any thing close to decent.

Maybe when every player is high level, it will be worth something, but that takes months.

Any other thoughts?
    Nynaeve

Recruit
    I agree, and suggest the same about Saltpete. Saltpete is worthless, only thee players on the Zeus server use it to make cannons. Finding it is like finding Sons of the Veld....

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    It was brought to my attention that I may have been unclear.

The frequency of the drop is fine. The amount dropped is out of proportion with its worth. And since the weapons requiring Titanium (and Saltpetre) are dropped frequently enough, there is very little point to making them yourself in my opinion.
    Nynaeve

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I agree that titanium and saltpetre are of limited value ... today.

The question is whether/how their value changes as the game evolves. Does the introduction of pvp mean more people will want to produce their own weapons because they won't want to lose troops on adventures? That seems like a possible outcome to me. Dunno how likely it is, but it seems possible. So I've stopped trying to sell the titanium bars I've smelted. The current market's too unpredictable, and I'm hoping that it will stabilize later so I can turn a profit.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    I understand that in the future, that may be true. However, it takes time to get to a level high enough to use them. Even with the possibility of PVP, whenever it may come, changing the equation in the future, the amount of titanium dropped is out of step with the other rewards in the same slot for the foreseeable future. It is currently virtually useless in my opinion.
    Nynaeve

Reply to Thread