Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Provision's House, Lost resources when demolishing

Recruit

Provision's House, Lost resources when demolishing

I don't know if this has been reported, but this should be a bug:

I had my provision house set up to build (15) orders of Hardwood planks and (10) orders of Marble. I decided to collapse the provision house to move it elsewhere while it's still building the orders. Then after i rebuilt it, my resources are gone!!! (that's a lot of stuff).

It should be that either the following, ordered in correctness:
    1. The provision house continues production of orders placed before demolition after completing the reconstruction.
    2. The resources are returned in full before demolition.
    3. Demolition is grayed "off" when orders are in place.
    4. Prompted a warning that resources are lost when demolished during production.

Cheers

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I wouldn't call that a bug so much as I'd call it stupid.

If you built a factory, parked a bunch of raw materials inside, started producing whatever it was you were gonna make, and then ... DEMOLISHED THE PLACE, what would happen to your raw materials & partially developed product? None of the 4 things you listed, that's for sure.

Stop looking for life to protect you from yourself, and think about your actions before you take them.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    Hey YeOldeMan if all your going to do is bash people in these forums why dont you just go to a bashing website and bash them instead of us because your posts are 1. Pointless
    2. Stupid
    3. Messed up
    4. Just meant to be mean

So shut up and play the game.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    And theoseus i agree that they should make it so that once you demolish it, it should carry on with its progress.It is not a bug and you did lose your resources although it was just fir wood planks and stone which im asuming your around lvl 23 or so, so stone and fir wood planks are not hard to come by.
    Last edited by evfarden; 07-11-12 at 08:15 pm. Reason: error

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I agree with YeOldeMan. Demolishing a building while it is busy working on something for you is bad enough, but to expect it to continue on after being demolished and rebuilt is asking too much. If you are stupid enough to do this, you deserve to lose everything you lost and then some.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by evfarden View Post
    Hey YeOldeMan if all your going to do is bash people in these forums why dont you just go to a bashing website and bash them instead of us because your posts are 1. Pointless
    2. Stupid
    3. Messed up
    4. Just meant to be mean

So shut up and play the game.
    If you missed the point of my post, then ... well I guess it wouldn't do any good to explain it to you again, would it?

World
    Zeus
    I agree that demolishing a building that is producing is kinda on the foolish side, I do think a warning could be given.
    Now, should the provision house just stop working or just continue working? No, because it takes a license, folks would abuse this and stack a bunch of orders in it, then demo it.
    Should the resources be returned if the house is demolished? I think there is a bug in the provisions house and the barracks in that if you change your mind and decide not to fill the order, you can cancel but it won't return your resources. I don't mind so much the order in progress, if its lost, oh well, but you could have several orders stacked, and you won't get back any of the resources if you cancel.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Soldier
    a hobbit tunnel in the ground under a big tree in help chat
    World
    Zeus
    Yes, what she said. Demolishing a working building you shouldn't expect anything good, much less for it to keep working. A warning would be nice. Although I'm from the unix world where there are no warnings about anything. People in the pc world are used to warnings, perhaps unfortunately. While I agree with YeOldMan in spirit that it may not be the smartest action, I don't see any reason to be unneccessarily rude when pointing it out. Given the two, I'm going to ignoreadd the vicious one. People who make poor decisions frequently smarten up but people who are nasty rarely change their nature.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdaeni View Post
    People who make poor decisions frequently smarten up but people who are nasty rarely change their nature.
    I disagree, hence the rather common observation, "You can't fix stupid."

On the other hand, my nature changes in response to the inputs provided. When I'm fed stupid, nasty results as I don't tolerate stupid well, (or perhaps at all). When I'm fed intelligence, I respond politely.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    When I'm fed intelligence, I respond politely.
    Blame your parents for not feeding you well :/

You dont need to expose the sh*t they have given you to someone behind the screen.

If you feel stupid please respond.

Reply to Thread