Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 146 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1453

Thread: Evil_J Adventure Guides

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    "Muito obrigado" Evil for the Maps with Skills !

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    evil.... so the "Maps with skills" are based on having a full skill tree on all the gens that are being used based on your skill tree guide? except for sac gens of course. i only have 1 270 gen with full books. it will be years before i build enough to get another gen

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrush13 View Post
    evil.... so the "Maps with skills" are based on having a full skill tree on all the gens that are being used based on your skill tree guide? except for sac gens of course. i only have 1 270 gen with full books. it will be years before i build enough to get another gen
    I would go into the Maps with Skills and look for single attacks with Major and then compare to the Maps with COA. For example, C6 on First Thief no longer requires a sacrifice wave when using a skilled major. Savings of 130+ Recruits (don't remember exact number, sorry).

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Not practical for Evil to have to account for every combination of Skilled Generals we could all have. the suggestion above is a good one.

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by jbrush13 View Post
    Evil posted a while back that his guides were going to built with his skills on his generals. He was kind enough to post all of his general skill sets as well.

That's less than ideal for a lot of people, but it's a real world solution to the myriad options available as we add skills to our generals.

I, personally, have chosen to use skills that are somewhat different from those EvilJ chose in at least a couple of places. And, I too, am far from filling out the skill trees for all of my generals.

What this means is that I have to run some sims and make some decisions and adjustments. And that's not EvilJ's fault, nor his responsibility to account for when building a guide.

I appreciate the guides for what they are - guides. Thank you, to EvilJ and our other resident guide builders.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by TboneX View Post
    [...] I appreciate the guides for what they are - guides. Thank you, to EvilJ and our other resident guide builders.
    Exactly. It is awesome that he posted the skill tree he is using so we have something to compare to. I think peeps got too used to silver plates being handed to them and following cookie-cutter guides that spoon fed them. Time to break out some sims, and/or just roll-up the sleeves and 'get dirty'; play by trial and error! It is pretty fun and we have a ton of great stuff to work with in the new skills. The options and variations of possibilities are very large. At this point it would be nearly impossible to cover every persons' own strategies. Cheers.
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    Not practical for Evil to have to account for every combination of Skilled Generals we could all have. the suggestion above is a good one.
    Thats why i was wondering if every attacking gen that is used in his guides need to have a full set of books. i am basing it on what he may have not what i have.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    My skills for Vargus, Anselm, and Major used Evil_J as a base with a few tweaks, though I looked at but pretty much ignored the rest of his general skills. I'm assuming that setting up those main generals similar to him will allow me to follow his guides still, simming as needed.

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    One improvement for Woodcutter: skilled Anselm can save 21 mounted swordsmen on leader 1 if someone kills camp 2 for him.

World
    Zeus
    damm so many things to answer

bigbobdog - the time savings and total losses DONT count the 9% back from first aid, consider those a bonus
    thevictorious - i just used all manuscripts to open the path for the codex tiers, manus are cheaper than tomes and didnt really need anything else from tome skills

about my skills, you dont have to copy them exactly for guides to work, only a few skills that change damage are important really. majors and coas are the most important gens to match, the rest basically just move faster to and on adventure, mmas mostly do sacs so not a big deal either

also got more free time now, just need to find my motivation again and will make the rest of the guides

Reply to Thread