Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 146 FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1453

Thread: Evil_J Adventure Guides

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Your guides are great and thank you EvilJ i look forward to seeing and using more of them

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I should also add with the gwalben comment about L1 in woodcutter. I send the block as evilj has (or i use MoD with 195MS) then send major with troops given in guide to the intercept camp. I put anslem (25MS 140MM) next to the major and maybe a space difference and send to the L1 camp. Anslem will get intercepted but that is ok the block holds anyways and then takes out L1 with the savings in troops.

I do a similar attack on L3 with a major and anslem (25MS 52AM 88MM).

Also you could send nusula with 1R to C3 and save another 6MS.

All this saves about 46MS.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbobdog View Post
    I should also add with the gwalben comment about L1 in woodcutter. I send the block as evilj has (or i use MoD with 195MS) then send major with troops given in guide to the intercept camp. I put anslem (25MS 140MM) next to the major and maybe a space difference and send to the L1 camp. Anslem will get intercepted but that is ok the block holds anyways and then takes out L1 with the savings in troops.

I do a similar attack on L3 with a major and anslem (25MS 52AM 88MM).

Also you could send nusula with 1R to C3 and save another 6MS.

All this saves about 46MS.
    you can try this for first block: https://prnt.sc/eemriq
    MoD to block with 194 MS, Major270 MM send at 'intercepted camp', 2xMMA1r and Ansy 22 MS 128 MM at L1. Losses: 21MS

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    MoD to block with 194 MS, Major270 MM send at 'intercepted camp', 2xMMA1r and Ansy 22 MS 128 MM at L1. Losses: 21MS
    I agree that may work but not a huge fan of all the clunkiness of mmas in that block. Easier to have Anslem with a max loss of 24 or 25MS. If oyu want to sac the MMAs go for C3 where you dont have to worry about blocking.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    Nice, but a lot of work for that attack. Here is my positioning for L1 (Same as guide less Anslem):

Send each general directly to their targets, MoD hits C1, Major directly to C2, Anslem to L1, Nusala followed by Vargus to C3. Using the above setup, and using the standard 'quick succession' model of sending generals, Anslem will not be intercepted:

C1 = [MoD] - 194MS.
    C2 = [Maj] - 220MM. Note, that this can be any 220 (Log, Veteran, MMA or Major) general, even without science.
    L1 = [Ans] - 24MS and 141MM. Note, Anslem has science fully applied.
    C3 = [Nus] - 1R; [Var] - 25MS, 95AM and 75MM.

Only loses 24MS, and saving extra MMA's for other uses.

For L3, I use (when the time permits to wait for Anslem to keep returning) a setup similar to what Bigbobdog was describing above:

Send each general directly to their targets, Wino hits C7, MMA directly to C8, and Anslem to L3. Using the above setup, Anslem should not get intercepted, but if he is for whatever reason, C8 also goes down fast. Normally, L3 goes down within a second of C8 going down.

C7 = [Gen] - 150MS and 10AM. (Same as guide)
    C8 = [MMA] - 200MM. Note, that this can be any 200 general, even without science.
    L3 = [Ans] - 20MS, 55AM and 90MM. Note, Anslem has science fully applied.

Total 20MS for L3.

Cheers!
    “Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.”
    J. R. R. Tolkien

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Exactly what i meant Raubhautz although i think you mean L3 not C3 for that second photo. I may have different troops but i think my losses are the same.

For C3 i just meant send your sac MMAs there and also if you have Nusula 1up then you could sac that on C3 as well and get your losses a bit lower yet.

So far my record on this adv with starting - final is 172MS.

World
    Zeus
    UPDATE
    - fixed number of MS needed on 1st thief
    - added skilled guide for 3rd

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    damm so many things to answer
    thevictorious - i just used all manuscripts to open the path for the codex tiers, manus are cheaper than tomes and didnt really need anything else from tome skills
    Thnk you for answer, but well, for me it seems i'll use some tomes :P

Anyway, I was thinking about the tons of tomes that I have use for fast generals, so I think fast travel for all my main attackers is minor, make not big deal if until I get all my generals skilled with it, also, regular generals still a bottleneck, even if I started with MODs.

So what you think about this setup for Vargus, majors and anslem:

or this:

Advice?

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    Advice?
    Those are fine, you simply moved the few moveable non combat skills into other non combat skills that you prefer, some of us simply prefer the faster travelling speed over the increased XP from whichever camps are affected by it. After being here for years on end, that traveltime eventually sinks in more and more and aggrevates over time. Not to mention with the right event, generals and troop counts, running adventures back to back will be that much more efficient when you have the time to milk it. WotS during easter would've been that much nicer with ~7min travel times on Gens.
    Though I'd recommend skipping Hostile Takeover completely, they are so cheap and fast to make it's pretty much a waste (granted, having mercs in star that you can top off for a friend [that was a thing iirc] if they happen to be short for the last camp or whatever is nice....but still).

@EvilJ
    Haven't looked at your new guides yet/whichever are still upcoming, but you mentioned having a MMA use here and there with UnCharge, any chance you remember how many such situations there are? Still can't get a feel for that skill whatsoever, but only intended to skill 1 with it in the first place.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Checking out the 3rd thief guide. I like what I see except for L9. I have been using 16MS + 61AM + 208MM (M)

Also, on C8 I switched to 14MS + 151MM (An)

Reply to Thread