Reply to Thread
Page 133 of 146 FirstFirst ... 33 83 123 131 132 133 134 135 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1453

Thread: Evil_J Adventure Guides

Veteran General
    World
    Ares
    With the Weather Control Station coming to the game, is there any reason to try to get it? It seems like it hurts the player more than it helps.
    It will have it's uses here and there. Consider the buff to give Defender units splash dmg...that's pretty much just a buff since most every Ali's and beyond enemies have splash dmg to begin with.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    I am super intrigued by this.. even if there may be few applications.. The possibilities keep exploding
    But until Evil churns out new guides.. who knows?
    Have sims already been updated to make use of them?

Mayor
    World
    Ares
    DSOSim has been updated.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    https://en.tsomaps.com/adv-calc/ supports weather station and mcc (de-)buffs. I just wish I could link to a sim of a fight there, otherwise I like it.

Soldier
    World
    Ares
    Evil_J, will you be making guides for the MCC ventures (or any other adventures) with the Weather Control Station? I'm still not sure what I think about it.
    "I don't try to be awesome; it just happens naturally!"

World
    Zeus
    Heavy Fog, which gives Flanking to everybody, looks to be beneficial in People of the Mountain, provided sac gens have 3 books in Unstoppable Charge. Having knights that attack weakest (Flanking) and have splash dmg from unstoppable charge gets rid of frost eagles and foxes upfront, and then you can cleanup with a Major and all mounted marks with 0 losses, saving a lot of troops. Only scratching the surface here, haven't done the whole map yet, but it looks really promising. May have benefit in other MCC's as well. Any problems with bosses having Flanking can probably be handled well with Ballistas and/or Assassins.

Evil_J's gonna be busy!!
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Nevermind.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Perwyn View Post
    Heavy Fog, which gives Flanking to everybody, looks to be beneficial in People of the Mountain, provided sac gens have 3 books in Unstoppable Charge. Having knights that attack weakest (Flanking) and have splash dmg from unstoppable charge gets rid of frost eagles and foxes upfront, and then you can cleanup with a Major and all mounted marks with 0 losses, saving a lot of troops. Only scratching the surface here, haven't done the whole map yet, but it looks really promising. May have benefit in other MCC's as well. Any problems with bosses having Flanking can probably be handled well with Ballistas and/or Assassins.

Evil_J's gonna be busy!!
    i simmed People with Heavy Frost... what we may gain on some camps we lose on others. Tho, it depends of what are you using... for me is not efficient.

PS: I kinda doubt Evil will spend time resimming all campaign for those buffs, he is done with MCC...

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by ghannima View Post
    i simmed People with Heavy Frost... what we may gain on some camps we lose on others. Tho, it depends of what are you using... for me is not efficient.

PS: I kinda doubt Evil will spend time resimming all campaign for those buffs, he is done with MCC...
    Not sure why we're getting such different results. I'm talking about Heavy Fog, which gives everyone Flanking. On every camp except one, losses either go down or else they stay the same because flanking gives no advantage on that particular camp. On the camp that went up, the difference was 8 to 10 Mounted Swordsmen.

My losses went down overall by 66 Swordsmen, 355 Mounted Swordsmen and up by 42 Knights. The only reason knights went up is because I added in a camp I had been using a large cat on. Instead of a large cat I'm now losing 200 Knights there. If I hadn't done that knights would have gone down as well, by 158. In addition I'm no longer losing hundreds of cav and only 200 bows instead of 403.

Hard Frost gives everyone Splash Damage, which might be what you're referring to as Heavy Frost? So far I haven't seen it do much, so your response would be most likely accurate if that's what I was talking about.
    "Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking." ~ Marcus Aurelius

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Heavy Fog, sorry. Flanking buff.
    This is the guide i use for People of the Mountain: https://i.imgur.com/RBYF3AB.jpg
    I'll not sim it again, too lazy for that. No Swordsmen at all here...
    As i remember L3 needs another troops setup and i am saving some MS on C3... And the rest of the camps needs adjustments because on all attacks i would lose a few MM or B.

Reply to Thread