Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 146 FirstFirst ... 43 83 91 92 93 94 95 103 143 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil_J Adventure Guides

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Well.. you cannot sub Tav where MoD is used without thinking...
    Agreed, that for other fast gens like BHG, you can use Tav..
    But MoD is different enough, that you might be making a bad sub.

Hence, if we are really using a MoD like BHG, how about we say BHG instead of MoD to make it more clear,
    and reserve the use of MoD, where truly a MoD is needed?

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Run sims and see if the general you want to use fits the situation if you don't like/have what's in the guide. I often do exactly that.

While guides are convenient, I dislike being so dependent on them that you can't find your own solutions. That's bottle feeding.

Mayor
    World
    Zeus
    Run sims myself.... neverrrr.... I am hardwired to follow Evils guides... blindly....
    Please don't make me think :|

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by alice007 View Post
    Well.. you cannot sub Tav where MoD is used without thinking...

Hence, if we are really using a MoD like BHG, how about we say BHG instead of MoD to make it more clear,
    and reserve the use of MoD, where truly a MoD is needed?
    no idea what youre saying
    blocking with bhg or reg is exactly the same thing in terms of troop numbers, the battle just lasts half as long, but if i use its because it is enough
    blocking with mod usually we put -2MS to compensate the 5k hp from the mod, eg 1st thief C1 with reg is 101MS+80AM; just check the guide without vargus and theres the same block with regs lol

Settler
    World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_J View Post
    no idea what youre saying
    blocking with bhg or reg is exactly the same thing in terms of troop numbers, the battle just lasts half as long, but if i use its because it is enough
    blocking with mod usually we put -2MS to compensate the 5k hp from the mod, eg 1st thief C1 with reg is 101MS+80AM; just check the guide without vargus and theres the same block with regs lol
    Speaking of using fast gens for blocks....

I've had a couple of fails on Treasure of Wisdom using the two wave block on C9 where we use BHG for the 2nd wave of 1R blocks. Both times looked like I'd be ok (or I wouldn't have tried the same thing again), but got intercepted just 1 step from success.

On today's run I'm swapping the BHG out for a Tavern gen to get the extra time and stop using up my supply of catapults. My placement looks good on this set up but I'm just barely missing the window so this sub should work well for me since I don't need all my tav gens for the final block anyway (only own 3 MMA).

Adapt and overcome, folks.

World
    Zeus
    yea that will work better, gotta be faster sending to do it with grim

UPDATE
    - added CLT guide with vargus

knowledge guide will be posted soon, saved over 60h in barracks 0.0

World
    Zeus
    UPDATE
    - added vargus guide for treasure of knowledge, saved 62.8h in barracks

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    Few notes for 3rd Thief guide with Vargus:
    1. In C13 W6 it states that 2MS will die while on Va setup there is only 1MS 170MM
    2. On L4 there is a still Major setup that loses MM - is that by design? You can send Vargus there with 35MS 145AM and it's not losing MM then. According to sim it's also faster by a round so it should not disturb the block.

World
    Zeus
    not sure which guide youre looking at, C13 typo has been fixed a while ago and never lost MM on L4, its 48M losses. not gonna send vargus there for speed purposes

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I meant M yes, and I see it working for speed purposes. I had old picture so I see all is fixed on latest one

Thanks for all the guides

Reply to Thread