Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 146 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 109 ... LastLast

Thread: Evil_J Adventure Guides

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Caution - I have now been burned twice in a row using these guides. Once for outlaws and once for WOTS. They worked for a while but have had issues since right before (note before) the Zeus rollback. Not sure what happened, they worked fine prior to that. Has anyone else been getting burned using these lately?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I've used Outlaws a few times and had great results. Maybe server lag had something to do with your losses.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    It might help if you describe how it was you got 'burned'. I haven't had trouble with any of the guides except Traitors. The castle blocks are a little late and I got intercepted once (before going back to my own version of those blocks).

If you get server lag and both the block and the kill leave simultaniously, then you can get intercepted on some blocks. If there's lag or glitch and the generals don't march from the garrison and they show up a few steps away, you can glitch. Sometimes, it will just glitch and a blocked camp will intercept.

Which is why it's always nice if you explain how it is you got 'burned' (which really doesn't mean anything to somebody trying to troubleshoot).

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sorry for the lack of detail, but it has been a bit since this has happened and I didn't take notes as to what exactly happened. The lag thing might be a clue as to what the issue is. One thing that has happened everytime is that I have not witnessed the blunder/fail. I have let the adventure run in progress while I have gone back to visit the home town. I bet that it is the root of the problem. More to come...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks for the Great Guides!!

Dak

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Here is how I got burned on Dark Knights...

Move 4 Generals to x5-x8
    x5 - lost 51S and 52E
    x6 - lost 5R 10S 35E and 82C
    x7 - lost 52R
    x8 - lost 78R 1S 78C and 43XB

I don't think I can afford these guides any longer and I suppose it is my own fault for trusting this guide blindly and not doing my own simulation.

Just want others to beware.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    Here is how I got burned on Dark Knights...

Move 4 Generals to x5-x8
    x5 - lost 51S and 52E
    x6 - lost 5R 10S 35E and 82C
    x7 - lost 52R
    x8 - lost 78R 1S 78C and 43XB

I don't think I can afford these guides any longer and I suppose it is my own fault for trusting this guide blindly and not doing my own simulation.

Just want others to beware.
    Is it a mistake that you only sent 52R? The guide calls for 72R (enough to kill the trample).

If you didn't send the 72R, you left some trample after the first wave -- that would have killed your cavalry and caused your kill to take too long and lose -- causing your blocks to fail.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I sent 72 - only 52 survived.

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to cut down on the hard work provided here by Genesis. Most of the time the guides have worked awesome and I am very grateful for their existence.

I just want to make everyone aware that there are potential issues with the guides/lag/etc

World
    Zeus
    its because you did something wrong
    its 72R to send to the leader camp, its the 1st attack to be sent there, so all the 72 will die, and on the 2nd wave with the vet, a max of 72r will die

i guess you sent the blocks to the leader too lol x5 and x6 go to the non-leader camps to block them SAFELY

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Advanced blocking (sometimes referred to as "elite blocking") is tricky, it's *always* use at your own risk. Timing can be critical. That goes for ALL blocking guides, not just the ones you find on this thread.

Reply to Thread