Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Auction Channel, or global-2

World
    Zeus
    Two Thumbs up.

I think you covered just about everything about auctions between bomb and steve and I believe I have an even better understanding of how the auctions work. Thank You for putting in the effort to write about auctions since it is a very confusing subject for some people and I will make this thread a MUST read for everyone in The Solamnic Knights [TSK].

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Global-2 is going pretty good. Getting new buyers and sellers which is always a great thing. But i want to give some advice to new sellers. Please don't do massive "grab bag" auctions. It only slows it down and you actually might make less than doing several smaller auctions bc people won't want to bid on things they don't want. Also don't do tiny auctions like 2 stacks of something or the dreaded "1 Secluded Experiments" like i got TWICE last night. Or a tiny grab bag like what just went on "200 fir wood planks 200 fish 5 map frags 600 copper ore 400 brew 500 bronze swords 400 bows400 hardwood planks 70 steel 400 marble 600 iron swords 200 longbows 10 cannons"

Sell what you want. But that is just some advice.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcain View Post
    "200 fir wood planks 200 fish 5 map frags 600 copper ore 400 brew 500 bronze swords 400 bows400 hardwood planks 70 steel 400 marble 600 iron swords 200 longbows 10 cannons"

Sell what you want. But that is just some advice.
    By the time I can add it up on the calculator, the auction is over. Unless that is the plan?

If you look close, you can see the corruption seeping into the process.

World
    Zeus
    Twice in 2 days I have had folks who won an auction for lootspots who were not ready to send the generals when they won the auctions.

I think this is unacceptable.

If you are bidding, have the means to fulfill your part when a LS is offered with a fast finish.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I personally won't bid on a lootspot unless I have BHG ready to go, or the auction description specifically allows for a normal general. It's only polite.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Another reminder on not commenting on auctions that are in progress (unless by whisper or in guild chat) - the price of Granite is soaring and (based on my calculations and input from JP Morgan Chase) will continue to rise. This means that lootspots are going to become more valuable; we're already seeing this with DP and SFTR but I expect RB and BK and Nords to be increasing, too. Gold is relatively easy to come by, but Granite only comes from adventures, and will soon pass 2gc per (in my opinion).

So your expectation on the valuation of an item being auctioned may be out of date. Also, frankly, when I'm sitting on thousands of gold, I'm much more willing to bid higher on items I want.

What does this mean? If you're new to global-2 or low level, you could start out selling lootslots to DP or SFTR. I've seen them get quite high.
    Last edited by bombcar; 07-29-12 at 08:17 pm.

d2_rocks
    I was one of the first people in global-2. and i still auction occasionally and I agree with everything this thread says

Great job

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I want to add as a form of etiquette when you enter the room the first thing you type should not be "who is auctioneer" wait a second and you will see the chat going. When you see the person who says HB 200 and then after a few bids says HB 300 you should be able to figure out that this is the auctioneer. No need for you to interrupt the bidding you now know who it is. Patience and respect are two things needed in this room and i dont mean for the auctioneer. Keep in mind when you interrupt you are stopping someone else who is selling something. Sure bids continue but watch the more interruptions you will start to see lower prices and that is not fair. Interruptions are the reason many auctioneers ignore someone which means you cant bid and starts chain reactions. So again just be respectful and let the auctions continue without the extra chatter.

World
    Zeus
    yodude55 from [Odd] bailed on his offer to sell 20k bronze swords, 3 traitors and 2 horseback and logged off.
    My high bid of 475 was not honored.

Recruit
    MY RULES now will be on here since ppl seem to want to find something to complain about ---
    **Always bid by 5gc or more, if above 500 by 10gc or more, if above 1k by 25gc or more**
    -- 2 top bidders are fine, but NOT the same (double) bids,(no identical bids) bid as if there is ONE --
    *Etiquette* Don't interrupt the auctions- Don't Chat- Never comment on other's auctions- Bid Correctly- Be Polite- Don't SPAM*

--I wanted to edit this and say these are MY rules, other auctioneers might have their own rules--
    If I'm auctioneering though, these RULES stand
    Last edited by ImaQT; 08-09-12 at 06:25 am.

Reply to Thread