Reply to Thread

Thread: HAPPY BIRTHDAY [TC] -- The Creators -- 1 year!

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus

Cool HAPPY BIRTHDAY [TC] -- The Creators -- 1 year!

Click image for larger version

Name:	TC Happy Birthday.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	4247

Happy Birthday [TC]

1 year and going strong!!

Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm a self proclaimed prude (though I may be known to snort at a little innuendo now and then ) and I love being in a guild where i don't feel like I need to hide chat or other interactions from my children's eyes if they wander over. Thank you for a place where I feel safe to ask questions and not feel like an idiot!

Recruit
    This is my second day as a TC wolf and my experience is neither deep enough nor broad enough to encompass all of what TC is.

And yet in this world where the routine ethic is self-service and doing anything to win, I have always sought that mutuality and friendship
    which I have only seen glimpses of in some of the old Star Treks where Kirk or Spock or McCoy is willing to sacrifice themselves so that
    the others may live. In a world where people commonly accept as right doing anything to win it seems like an impediment to limit oneself
    by giving consideration to the needs of others. But teams that work together are stronger than any single individual can possibly be. It is not Darwin's 'survival of the fitness' -- a world of competition in which we live, but the world of a more obscure man, Peter Kropotin's world which he described as 'mutual aid'.

I am proud to be a member of TheCreators because our ethic is that of helping each other. I feel that mutuality strongly even though it is only a day I have been here. It is still foreign and strange and having sought to survive in the other ethic for so long I scarcely know how to work within it, but it is a wonderful strange -- one I appreciate the opportunity to grow and experience until I know it well.

May this hub of mutual aid grow and heal our globe of its many troubles.
    Last edited by EvaTerrasdotter; 07-28-12 at 08:25 pm.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    How can you describe the experience of being in TC to an outsider. Fun, help, inclusion, support, laughter, generosity, always having some to back you up, awesome games/contests, the best leaders hands down. That barely scratches the surface but it is a start. I count myself extremely fortunate to have been accepted by this exceptional group of people.

If you have no guild or are not in a guild which you can describe with at least the words above then you are not enjoying this game to it's fullest. I would like to thank the guild leaders and all those who have laid the groundwork so that those of us coming after having things so much easier than you yourself did. The time and effort that is put in by so many guild members is nothing short of extraordinary.

All hail TC!

Recruit
    A national flag waving on the breeze......A soldier carrying a wounded friend from the battlefield.........a young person helping an elderly person......a mother Labrador with a litter of her own pups raising an orphaned kitten.....a group of friends sharing a meal with strangers. These images evoke the kind of pride and sense of right that I have witnessed almost daily as a member of TC. I have been a member for over 6 months and the comradeship, the fellowship, the general beneficence that surrounds and infuses our guild and its members veritably glows....not unlike our islands. We share what we have and help when we can. We are respectful of others and adamant in our cause. We are TC and we have shown ourselves to be caring, generous, helpful and courteous.....may it always be so!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I’ve only been a member of TheCreators for one month, but I knew right away it was the guild for me. On the first day, with one day left in the soccer event, I was able to get the friary I had concluded was an impossible goal, and I was offered a Nords loot-spot for no reason at all. Turns out they weren’t just welcoming gifts, but an indication of the way things are done. I feel honored to have the opportunity to play the game this way. So, in honor of this birthday, I offer my guild this poem:

How can one describe TC on the grand occasion of its first anniversary?
    Oldest active guild and still going strong - must be doing something right…
    We are drama-free and will stay that way
    Leadership is respected and respectful, benevolent and firm;
    When giving is prized, the rewards are bigger than you can imagine;
    Our membership is diverse, mature, honorable, committed to fairness and skilled (or learning to be so)
    Level with friends, share the wealth and reach out with knowledge; coins aren’t always the better value
    Values include civility, maturity, inclusiveness, generosity, unity, trustworthiness, camaraderie
    Enjoy the game and enjoy helping others enjoy the game
    Sneak in a ninja buff now and then – what goes around comes around –

WE HAVE NICE THINGS, AND THIS IS WHY.

LordKonstantin
    Congrats Wolves!

This accomplishment was not an easy task.

Great thanks to our Leaders and officers for making this guild what it is now.

World
    Zeus

World
    Zeus
    Lo!

Hear now of the wolf pack
    The Creators, the first
    True companions, wise mentors
    (Though our cellar's the worst)

A true guild, and friendly
    With no drama or gloom
    Should you bring such among us
    'Ware the Eyebrow of Doom!

Friendly buffers and gifters
    Full of merriment and mirth
    Wise adventurers and tacticians
    The best guild on Earth!
    "All civilisations owe their origins to the warrior..." -- John Keegan, A History of Warfare

Retired Community Leader ShuttlePilot's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you all for the lovely birthday sentiments! And thank you, EpsilonSilver, for the beautiful cake!

Here's to another fun year of gaming and making mischief!

SP
    Guild Leader, The Creators

That which does not bore me, makes me stranger...

Reply to Thread