Reply to Thread

Thread: idea: follow and control your pending trade requests

Recruit

idea: follow and control your pending trade requests

(if i made any mistakes about the procedures and possiblities in the game, please let me know.)

hi.
    as you know, between the time you requested a trade and the time of its accepetance or declining, use can't use neither the goods i was willing to give away, nor, of course, what i was expecting to recive. if your partner to the theoretical trade is really, really taking his/her time accept or decline, you realize that a trade won't accure, but you can't cancle your own request, so i can't reinvest my lost (practicly) goods in another trade. and it is bad enough i can't redraw a happening request, but i can't follow it, which means i cant see the details, including the partner's nickname, so incase of bad experience in trade requests, you can't look up for the partner's name to avoid trading with him/her in the future, as a preemptive strike. come to think of it, a trading log could be good idea to serve the same interests.

thank you

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    A new trade interface is coming soon with improved functionality that solves some of the problems you've mentioned. You can check out their version of it on the test server at: http://www.tsotesting.com/en/homepage

On the live server (Zeus) you can still see who you're trading with under the from field so I'm not sure what you mean by:
    ... you can't look up for the partner's name to avoid trading with him/her in the future, as a preemptive strike.

Recruit
    ill check. thanks.

World
    Zeus

Hurry up with the new Trade System BB !!

They could just not erase the Accepted or Declined Trade Requests from your Mailbox. I was quite surprised to find that they were erased once accepted/declined and that there is no feature to save these mails. Also, they should be delivered into another folder inside your Mailbox, like the "Spam" folder in your regular email account, different than regular message mails.

I watch what others send me and I catch most of the bad Trades, but most likely there are a couple that get through now and then. Being able to save these mails would, in my opinion, decrease the number of players willing to send bad trades. If they know they can and probably will be caught sending incorrect trade values, even at a later date, I believe that many of these sad excuses for human genome matter would think twice before attempting to scam other players. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths to which some players go, to con us honest players out of a trivial amount of virtual currency.

As it stands now, if you get 50 trades in a row from 50 different players, and a scammer gets his trade in the middle somewhere, while accepting all those trades you get into a clicking rhythm and space out for a few seconds, it is absolutely possible to click the bad trade and never even know it. Whats more it has to be one of the players from your "Friend" list, so if they get away with it once, they will try it again most likely. And once you have accepted that bad trade, the evidence is gone, and its just your word against theirs, and thats a bad situation because theres no way to REALLY tell who is telling the truth.

We should ABSOLUTELY be able to keep these mails once they are accepted or declined, even if its for just a day or two. They could auto-erase everyday to keep them from clogging up the mailbox or slowing down gameplay with overloaded Servers. I know that I would, along with MANY others, take FULL advantage of this feature and I hope that BlueByte heeds our complaints on the matter.

Thanks for reading all the way to the end of my little rant

- VC

Reply to Thread