Reply to Thread

Thread: Economy Overview

Settler
    World
    Zeus

Economy Overview

The Economy Overview is a great tool and I'm glad it finally made it into the game. Thanks for the monthly feature updates, though! =) Definitely like seeing the game being updated more often.
    Last edited by Stirbei; 09-05-12 at 10:39 am. Reason: Removed "missing buildings" content because I found 'em.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I think it will be helpful...if I ever figure out how to read it. Take my wheat production for instance: + 198 in green and -7k on wheat fields in red. So what does it mean? Do I need to add even more farms and fields? Could someone please explain this to me? Thanks.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Click on the buildings, and it will expand and show more detail. You can drill down to each individual building, see their level, production, and if they are buffed. I found I had a level 2 farm and 2 level 4 mills that I had forgot to continue upgrading.

World
    Zeus
    Come on one of you math geniuses.
    Please put together a Economic Overview Guide for Dummies.
    I is dummy.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynnia7277 View Post
    I think it will be helpful...if I ever figure out how to read it. Take my wheat production for instance: + 198 in green and -7k on wheat fields in red. So what does it mean? Do I need to add even more farms and fields? Could someone please explain this to me? Thanks.
    It means that every 12 hours, your farms consume ~ 7k wheat from your fields. Considering that each field holds 400 wheat, (level 2, anyway), it means that every 12 hours you'll deplete 17.5 to 19.9975 fields, (that represents the range of 7000 to 7999 wheat divided by 400 wheat per field). And the +198 in green means that your storehouses will increase by 198 wheat every 12 hours. So you could look at your mills to see whether an upgrade, (or addition), would consume ~200 wheat in that time frame. If so, you could squeeze a bit more flour production. But really, +400 wheat/day doesn't sound too bad to me. Sell it for 5 ~ 8 coins.

Adding more fields would only increase the amount of excess wheat you're already producing if your farms & fields aren't already optimally arranged. If they are, then adding more fields would only increase the amount of time you could ignore rebuilding fields - but as your farms moved to the less-efficiently-arranged, your wheat production rate would probably decrease.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Thank you, YeOldeMan! You explained it very well.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I'm having issues with falling inventory but the Econ View shows positive production. There's a bug somewhere!

Reply to Thread