Thread: Profit and Cost Analysis of Adventures

Recruit
    World
    Zeus

Profit and Cost Analysis of Adventures

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Ever thought of updating with some decent adventure guides?
    (SoV can turn a profit if you sell the lootspot for 900gc? And gets better XP/loss than Nords -- who knew?)

Soldier
    Those are averages. Players use many guides.

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Troops cost more than just coins -- when you factor in the Barracks time. When the barracks becomes the bottleneck, that is what determines which adventures hold the best rewards:

Added Barracks Time, Profit per Barrack Hour, and XP per Barrack Hour

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    yes this is correct. i have added the training hours for lvl 4 and lvl 5 barracks.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Sov has a loot spot?

this is a spreadsheet. you can plug in any values. it is a tool. feel free to use whatever numbers from whatever guides you like. Thee are representative. I think overall the general picture doesn't change too much for various guides. If you have a better guide that gets you through the adventure with fewer losses please post it. If it has blocks they have to be reliable ones - losing 52 soldiers to save 32 recruits is going to make the average return on the adventure less attractive.

Soldier
    Overall, really great job on the spreadsheet, i've been looking for something like this for a while now.
    From quickly glancing over it, couple of questions/things u may want to look into.

The losses tab uses its own prices, rather than using the ones from the mats tab.
    The bread price used there is actually from the brew price from the mats tab, which affects the losses costs significantly.

ML loot
    ELV2 tab, R10: =(0.125*1500)+((0.25*1300)*2)
    Where does '*2' come from?

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Thanks Lamosos I have made two importatnt corrections to problems you found.

An incorrect hard coded bread price in the losses calculation
    And the *2 error in the ML loot expectation calcualtion (copy and paste error!)

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    I have added a sheet and some columns to invclude losses from Genesis guides.
    Overall it does not make much differnce to the relative ordering of adventures, although clearly there is more profit to be had in some cases.
    On the otherhand, I find the Genesis guides hard to read.
    I will try the two extra blocks in the RB guide however.

Biggest winners using Gensis are SoV, Outlaws and VtV, but none of these I run anyway personally.
    Nords is in fact cheaper using the uki guide.

Reply to Thread