Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Swaintasm's Emporium

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I will give you that I have not been on Ares and don't know the prices there. If you are so very new to Ares, how did you build an empire so quickly to be able to sell in bulk?

I happened to be reading while maintenance was going on last night. I am no troll, but I understand, Bwildered. You are taking up for your guild mate.

World
    Ares
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynnia7277 View Post
    I will give you that I have not been on Ares and don't know the prices there. If you are so very new to Ares, how did you build an empire so quickly to be able to sell in bulk?

I happened to be reading while maintenance was going on last night. I am no troll, but I understand, Bwildered. You are taking up for your guild mate.
    Then please, unless you come and see for yourself, do not remark about my prices in contrast to yours. That is not an accurate or acceptable scale.

I started on Ares three days after server release. I built my island up because I was smart with my decisions. I did my research before playing this game. I knew what I was getting myself into in a game that is basically numbers with pretty graphics over it. I looked up ratios before the economy tab was released. I use the combat calculator frequently. And where did I get these resources from? Players like Milliecent who are from Zeus who informed new players such as myself and made us aware on how to fend for ourselves. Maybe or maybe not I'm very egotistical but I'll go so far as to say as in terms of this game, I am much smarter than your typical settler.

And, to add to that, I am not the only bulk seller. I sell construction materials well because that's what I specialize in. There are others in the same boat or who sell things like weapons far better than I do. Bwildered, actually, is also new to the game and did not play Zeus, and yet he is pretty much as good a position as I am. There are many that are higher leveled than us and are in better position. The difference between them and I? I made this topic, and you all singled me out without taking into consideration that I might not be the culprit.

Though in my opinion there is no culprit. No one reserves the right to tell anyone how to spend anything in a game controlled by supply and demand.

Bwildered is not the only player sticking up for me. Notice that the only players trying to accuse me of anything are all from Zeus, while those from Ares are ultimately defending my cause. Milliecent and JustJaxi are guild leaders of two of the more prominent guilds on the server so far.

Regards,
    • Swain
    Last edited by Swaintasm; 09-20-12 at 10:03 pm.

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by unknownksoldier1 View Post
    i agree totally, u should be on bad trader/buffer list my good sir...
    Swain, does trades as stated when stated, he is not a bad trader or bad buffer.
    Ares so far has escaped that epidemic but i fear it wont be long before it starts.
    When it does i am assuming we will have a thread for that posted.
    Just remember Ares is about 4-5 weeks old Zeus is how old?

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Wow. All of this in 4-5 weeks? Maybe I do need to come to Ares and see how the other half lives. Sounds like it is too good to be true that I could gain the riches and resources in that time span to support a business.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    Lol at Ares server.

Don't mess with the pro'z.

Recruit
    World
    Ares

Actually, while Swain is my guildmate, I am sticking up for common sense. Prices that are less than what most charge are not exploitative at all. Supply and demand drive markets. And for folks from another server that do not know how the economy on our server is to call him names is wrong, guild or no guild.

Soldier
    the reason everyone one is disparaging swains prices is due to the fact they are ares prices on the zeus forums...you want to sell for those prices post on ares forums not zeus' and if the two servers share the same forums then bad on ubi. As it currently sits I can get a stack of bswords off TT for 12gc-8gc from a private sale.....nuff said

World
    Ares
    This topic is on Ares' subforum.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    My mistake. I could not imagine prices that outrageous since I have only been on Zeus. I mistakenly thought the games would be equal, but I see that is not the case. I apologize, Swain.

World
    Ares
    My mistake. I could not imagine prices that outrageous since I have only been on Zeus. I mistakenly thought the games would be equal, but I see that is not the case. I apologize, Swain.
    Apology accepted.

New prices updated to reflect recent inflation in the value of gold coins.

Regards,
    • Swain

Reply to Thread