Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Swaintasm's Emporium

World
    Ares

Swain Enterprises

My office is now closed permanently.

Best regards Ares,
    • Swain
    Last edited by Swaintasm; 10-01-12 at 11:06 am.

World
    Zeus
    To each his own.
    I like your zeal, but I think your prices are exploitative.
    Last edited by EpsilonSilver; 09-20-12 at 10:41 pm.

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    I have never paid prices like you have listed. It is ridiculous.

Players, please do yourselves a favor and check out the trade tab. There are good deals if you look and you can also barter for what you need without spending any gold coin. Don't be taken in by someone who has inflated the prices so out of line with normal trades.

World
    Zeus
    I agree.
    In fact, here is a spreadsheet that better reflects the actual prices you should be charging/paying.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...any=true#gid=3
    Quote Originally Posted by Zynnia7277 View Post
    I have never paid prices like you have listed. It is ridiculous.

Players, please do yourselves a favor and check out the trade tab. There are good deals if you look and you can also barter for what you need without spending any gold coin. Don't be taken in by someone who has inflated the prices so out of line with normal trades.

World
    Ares
    This is me charging supply and demand. I did not play on Zeus. I am as new as the rest of them. I am merely aware of your prices on your server. In fact, most of these players came from Zeus and are aware of your prices, but acclimate to the new economy. These players have an equal opportunity to earn gold at an equal rate as myself and to be frank, most of them do. The value of a gold coin, which is heavily deflated due to large supply at start and lesser demand, means that yes these prices are reasonable at this time. Because the prices elsewhere are stabilized does not justify a lower GC rate at this stage of a server release.

@Zynnia7277: If you think our trade tab prices are remotely any better than the prices I have listed you best make an Ares account and check for yourself. My prices are indeed better for these materials. A lot better. Mark me a culprit but in the shadow of everyone else I mind as well be a saint for what I charge.

It's highway robbery in the wrong direction if you ladies and gentlemen think anyone will ever follow those spreadsheet prices for a while here. Your prices are not ours. Keep them out until we have a proper economy stabilized.

Also, for the record, I did mention that I take bread as an alternative form of payment. And again, I have done these exchanges many, many times (if not hundreds already).

One day the value of GC will catch up to Zeus'. Not any time soon. But none of you reserve the right to chastise my business when I am charging far less than what a majority of the server charges for materials. People literally thank me for what I charge in stark contrast. If you really want to yell at me for what I'm doing then by all means join us in Ares and experience what our economy is like with a deflated GC value. I'm stocking up GC while it's still easy to do so, so when the day comes that GC is as valuable as it is in your server I am prepared.

Regards,
    • Swain

Edit: In regards to Milliecent's post below, most of my materials that are purchased are then sold off at a higher price shortly afterwards (or rather, the Ares norm). I am not the middleman in the economic production line. I am the producer. I literally have clients that buy my materials and tell me they plan to sell them off higher. My rebuttal is selling off wares in trade tab occasionally at my price, giving people opportunity to buy at a lower rate than what is typical.
    Last edited by Swaintasm; 09-20-12 at 09:28 am.

Recruit
    Ares is a fresh server People have very little and prices ARE higher, Zeus is an old established server with people with Lots of goods, Ares, is at stage where every EVERYTHING is made from scratch there are no higher levels with 20k swords ponies etc, so prices will be higher Supply and demand, I tried lower prices to see them bought up and sold back on two seconds later.Swain provides a service on Ares and service costs.

Banned
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by EpsilonSilver View Post
    You must be out of your mind.
    These prices are highway robbery.
    Shame on you for exploiting these new players who do not know any better.
    i agree totally, u should be on bad trader/buffer list my good sir...

World
    Ares
    If that is what you want to do, be my guest. I offer better prices than the rest of the server by a long shot. People will always buy my wares. I am likely the richest player on Ares right now because people look to me to buy these things because no one else offers prices as good. Even now, I continue to sell products at the same rate. Why? Because my server knows who to buy these things from at the cheapest rate.

Continue to be prejudice and blind by what you perceive as normal in Zeus. If you don't take a moment to actually see what it's like through our perspective, you don't deserve to even post in this topic let alone remark about Ares' economy.

Regards,
    • Swain

Recruit
    World
    Ares
    I too sell for prices slightly above what Swain is listing. I have no trouble selling and have a waiting list of regulars. Zeus server has had a long time for prices to settle. Supply and demand drive the train always. When there are likely hundreds of thousands of additional items in circulation, the prices will drop. Swain actually sells for considerably less than others on the server. Further, if you are on Zeus and not playing on Ares, I am not sure how you can even comment with any sense of authority on the economy of another server. Seems like just trolling honestly.

Recruit
    for this point in the game, the trades seem fair, I am certain the value of things will level out to be lower after the game is more established as the Zeus server.

Reply to Thread