Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: [Ubi Official] Halloween 2012 Discussion

Recruit
    On the test ... Zombie is x 4 production and for a period of 12 hours. I don't understand the decrease to a x3 productivity and a decrease in the time from 12 hours to 3 hours.

I have friends over on the test server that are not actual guild mates of mine. I have yet had anybody dark buff me to date without previously checking with me prior to. I honestly do not believe any serious player would intentionally stop production on anybody's island ... instead it is just a way to get other players in your guilds to interact with each other. I know for a fact I would never darken an island without checking with the player to make sure they have the required light buffs prior to my buffing. The power of "whisper" ... players just need to use it prior to any dark buffing.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    So far after getting started the pink hue on the whole island and basically the whole game is really annoying.

Soldier
    World
    Zeus
    So, 1 buff that is 3x for 3 hours, 1 buff that 4x for 2 hours, a general that I already have and can't get, and a building that is basically useless..
    So far I'm not overly thrilled about this event..
    Will trade pumpkins for nobles.

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by Uwantoplay View Post
    On the test ... Zombie is x 4 production and for a period of 12 hours. I don't understand the decrease to a x3 productivity and a decrease in the time from 12 hours to 3 hours.

I have friends over on the test server that are not actual guild mates of mine. I have yet had anybody dark buff me to date without previously checking with me prior to. I honestly do not believe any serious player would intentionally stop production on anybody's island ... instead it is just a way to get other players in your guilds to interact with each other. I know for a fact I would never darken an island without checking with the player to make sure they have the required light buffs prior to my buffing. The power of "whisper" ... players just need to use it prior to any dark buffing.
    I was here last year during this event, and I can tell you for a fact that folks do use the dark buff without asking. Mostly cause they don't understand how they work. I am kind of surprised they kept the light/dark buff this year. It really didn't go over well last year.
    Founder "Father" of The Deities (DIT) Guild
    Motto: Determination, Integrity, Teamwork
    Official Tree: The Sequoia Redwood
    Official Animal: The Ox

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    two questiosn...

1) If we already have a grim reaper from last year, can we get an additional one this year or are we already capped?
    2) If we have more then 5 silos in existance, do we not have the option of doing that this year?

Also building requirements would be nice. I remember needing granite & eplanks for lvl 3 pumpkin patches.

lvl 1 patches it takes 8 hrs to pick one pumpkin
    lvl 2 patches it takes 4 hrs to pick one pumpkin
    lvl 3 patches it takes 1 hr to pick one pumpkin.

as while it didn't change from last year...

Keep that in mind when you use the buffs!

Retired Community Leader RomanGodCamper's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Lvl 1 Patches 8 hours, use fish plates.
    Lvl 2 patches 4 hours, Use Fish plates or Sammies.
    Lvl 3 Patches 1 Hour, Use Baskets.

Former Community Manager BB_Katealyst's Avatar
    World
    Zeus
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify something about the Halloween event. Unfortunately, the caps for the Silos and Generals will rollover. This means that you will be unable to claim another General if you earned one last year. Furthermore, the cap for Silos will remain five.

I know this is a bummer for some of our longtime players, but you will be able to claim multiple School Buildings and still use the unique Halloween buffs and complete Halloween quests.

-Kate

Quote Originally Posted by BB_Katealyst View Post
    Hey all,

Just wanted to clarify something about the Halloween event. Unfortunately, the caps for the Silos and Generals will rollover. This means that you will be unable to claim another General if you earned one last year. Furthermore, the cap for Silos will remain five.

I know this is a bummer for some of our longtime players, but you will be able to claim multiple School Buildings and still use the unique Halloween buffs and complete Halloween quests.

-Kate
    sorry to say but that's basicly screwing over your trusted players who stayed here
    i also am pretty new & havent done any event yet but doing same event every year with same prizes with a limit on them will make you lose players - please think about that

thanks everybody for all the info by the way - greatly appreciated <3

Settler
    World
    Zeus
    i agree that this event is perfect, but it is very little time to collect pumpkins

Recruit
    Hey wanted to put my 2 cents down here. Also, Im hoping some of BB/Dev beside Jethro lookup some of my previous posts about the game and at least comment or mail me what they think. I had some ideas to address core issuses about some of the common negative feedback issues from the community.

Anyhow , on THIS topic , lol:

... 1300 pumpkins.. even 500 wouldnt be worth it for just a fast general.. I hope they make him a 250 gen.. that would at least really get people back into the game to grind for it.. at least make one available insubsequent events.

Theres a potential game balance issue coming here between free to play and pay players on this one. If free players are second rate in PVP or even the existing game because its impossible to attain such a unit, you have separated your 2-tier playing system too much. I hope BB takes heed of this and keeps the playing field level or it may seriously hamper the popularity of their great game!

On the RELATED topic (which is keeping this game DYNAMIC so it continues to hold old players AND attracts new ones at a faster rate so YOU guys can make more MONEY) I wanted to offer my thoughts. As someone whos consulted to several franchises already , I thought I might give a learned opinion.

Hypothesis:

Your game popularity (attribute at the core of attracting more players and MAINTAINING those players you have already existing) is influenced by a combination of things including :

-What the customer IMAGINES about the game subject (that might not necessarilty be present in your current form -this includes potential they can percieve-)
    -What the game offers in terms of existing product, and the acessibility of this product (factor product/accessibilty)
    -What the game promises (path layed out by dev made public)
    -What the players see in terms of dynamicism (changes made both positive and negative)

Proof : existing MMO games like Ogame , Eve , WoW, DDO , Grepolis, Ikariam, Star Wars Galaxies *, and many others have seen fluctuations in their player bases when altering these aspects. Reading their forums and corelating them with the timeline hisotry of the game will show you where each success and failure lies and what factors were likely influences on the rate of decline or ascention of their success. Ill let you do your own research here and decide wether Im out to lunch or talking sense. If you think so , continue:

I have concluded that things that can impact a game product the most positively are :

-Implementing player suggestions AFTER beta testing IN the game community and addressing pros and cons
    -Continuing to offer dynamic change to keep people interested (thumbs up on your many events for instance)
    -Keeping access open as much as possible (free to play is great but make sure balance is maintained)
    -Giving players OPTIONS to effect changes in the game if they desire IE build your own castle , participate (or choose not to) in PVP , open market (GJ so far) , participate or choose not to in events and side quests, increase interaction between players (again my suggestion is to open a PVP continent where guild could build and war together with others)

Anyhow, I hope you guys keep up your hard work. Dont take away too much criticism here Im only trying to offer food for thought in help of your goals. I hope you read some of my suggestions.

Good luck and Ill be playing the haloween event and talking to my guild and friends in game.

*( I have some aquaintances who got permission from Lucasfilm to reverse engineer SWG to its previous form before the last product change that crashed the franchise.. they have test servers up check them out if you like to see how listening to the player base in forum and without has succeeded for them. They offer a free to play right now too.)

^^ Feel free to edit the above out - just my suggestion but if it offends for mentioning the other game just clip it with my blessing lol.

Again hope that helps and thanks for letting me play

~B
    Last edited by Bystander; 10-01-12 at 10:33 am. Reason: spelling, grammar