Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 24 hour absence

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    I want to know for sure if buffing a shut down island wakes it back up still or not. It seems like it no longer works. I've used it to test inactive ppl in the guild to watch for wells and fields to die, but I swear hasn't worked in long time.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    It should go inactive on the 3rd day from what I understand, I left for Vegas on the 17th with nearly 100k bread on me. I returned on the 20th. When I am buffed I make 11k bread every 12 hours. I returned to 130k bread. I was buffed 300 baskets as soon as they wore off. so in about a day none of the buffs were working.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Hey guys, let me try and chip in my 2 cents to this whole thing with my understanding about how it works

So, as with anyone who wants to save server load, the problem for BB would be if they calculated the production for everyone who has ever been in the game, that'd be a LOT of wasting processing power for players who just simply aren't playing. So BB appear to stop production to help with this issue.

From what I've observed, they stop players island production after a single "Settler Day" of being inactive.

A "Settler Day" is defined on the server in a period of 24 hours, (I know that on the EU servers it's currently 2AM GMT) if someone can let me know what time new quests appear and the daily appears we can work out when your days start and end!

So when exactly will your island go inactive?

Well, lets break it down into days, its fairly complicated to explain as is, so lets make it as simple as possible

If logged in on at 16:00 (4PM)
    Production would stop on day 3 at 02:00 (2AM)

If logged on at 01:00 (1AM)
    Production would stop on day 2 at 02:00 (2AM)

It isn't as simple as "24 hours" or "x hours" as it really depends on the "Settler Day" ticking over as to when you stop, the shortest time it could expire would be 24 hours and 1 minute if you logged out at 01:59 (1:59AM).

Sorry if this is a tad confusing, but I guess it's because it is!

You also appear to be able to "wake" an island if a friend views it while you are away, however this doesn't activate quests, but that's a whole other situation

Noble
    World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by peck_ed View Post
    You also appear to be able to "wake" an island if a friend views it while you are away, however this doesn't activate quests, but that's a whole other situation
    are you sure about that? I've been checking on player in our guild that seems to be inactive. I've buffed island with no noticeable change. And I've checked 1 specific well while island is buffed to see if drains. The well did not go down at all. So at this point, I'm thinking that even buffing someone's island doesn't wake it back up.

PS. as footnote, I hadn't thought of possibility of being maxed on water.

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    Can I please get a BB on this. I am getting really sick of being ignored by you guys!!! I have spent enough money for 1 question to be answered. I dont ask for much but I am becoming extreamly irate with you guys. 1 response and nothing more, not even we are looking into it

World
    Zeus
    Evilviper,

We have answered your questions on several different occasions on the forums, in game, and by email. If you would like, I can send you these responses again through a PM on the forums. We have suggested that you try a different web browser (other than Internet Explorer) via support ticket emails and it seems as though you haven't. Again, please try doing this to see if this assists in your issue.

There are a few others things you could try.

1: Before logging into the game try clearing your cookie and cache files from the web browser you are using.
    2: Make sure you are using the currently available version of your web browser, as an older version may no longer be supported for the game.
    3: Make sure you are using the most recent version of Adobe Flash. http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html
    4: Also try clearing your Flash cache files. You can find the steps on how to do this here: http://forums.adobe.com/message/4278569

Please be aware that having multiple Flash applications at once will cause lag, server crashes, and flash crashes. Please try to limit the number of Flash based web applications you have running while trying to play the game to have the best experience. Such applications include YouTube, Pandora, and other Flash based games.

Please let us know if your problem still persists.

BB_xMISTY
    "I wanna be the very best, like no one ever was...!"

Follow us on Twitter! | Like us on Facebook!

Recruit
    World
    Zeus
    First off, I have never been responded to on this problem, second off, how would what you are asking me to do have anything to do with the buffs not working??? Who can I talk to that will actually read and understand what I am having a problem with. ITS A BUG IN THE GAME!!! ITS NOT MY INTERNET, NOR IS IT MY COOKIES OR TEMP INTERNET FILES OR ANY OTHER ISSUE THAT WOULD GIVE ME LAG!!! YOU DONT GET LAG FOR NEARLY A YEAR NOT SEEING THE BASKETS THAT WERE PLACED!!! 100k BREAD DOES NOT DISAPPEAR DO TO LAG!!! I NEVER GOT THE BREAD BECAUSE OF A BUG IN THE GAME!!!

Reply to Thread