Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: server zone error

Recruit
    i cant get on.down for days.......

World
    Zeus
    I have been off since the 20th and have not been able to go any further than the login and then it comes back with server call failed, i read one of the peoples notes about his credit card co. saying he might get back what he put into the game

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkinsmhm View Post
    I have been off since the 20th and have not been able to go any further than the login and then it comes back with server call failed, i read one of the peoples notes about his credit card co. saying he might get back what he put into the game
    yes send in a ticket ask for money back every one that cant get on that has spent money on this game should do this asap

Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by king-zombie View Post
    yes send in a ticket ask for money back every one that cant get on that has spent money on this game should do this asap
    Well it's been 3 or 4 days now for me. My daughter can log in just fine now but if she visits my island it tells her the zone has an error and kicks her offline. I sent in a complaint yesterday and there is a ticket on it but nothing. Maybe when the servers go down tonight they will fix it but i doubt they will give us the daily log in rewards that we should have gotten over the past few days. today woudl have been gem day for me. I'm pissed.

World
    Zeus
    yep i think its time to ask for my money back 5th day not happy

World
    Zeus

€50 to €60 million in prosperity and Ubisoft's level of support...

Hello,

News Flash:

[ http://venturebeat.com/2012/09/27/ubisoft-f2p-ideas-in-all-games/]

Ubisoft: Free-to-play will affect all of our games

September 27, 2012 10:16 AM

Jeffrey Grubb

During an investor conference call today, Ubisoft’s chief financial officer Alain Martinez claimed that the free-to-play model will influence all of its future games.

The French publisher detailed the benefits of giving away the razor only to charge for the blades.

“Free-to-play is a very flexible business model,” said Stéphanie Perotti, Ubisoft’s worldwide director of online. “The player has the capability to spend more than in a traditional model.”

[snip]

“The Settlers Online is set to make more money in four years than the Settlers brand did on PC over nine years,” Perotti said.

[snip]

Ubisoft expects to earn €50 to €60 million just from its free-to-play and casual games in fiscal 2013. That’s up from €20 million in 2012. That kind of money is going to turn heads in the company, and Ubisoft has obviously implemented a standing order for all of its teams to implement some of the lessons its learned from free-to-play.

So the latest Ubisoft news is all about the corporate profits and zip about providing adequate support to their customers like those Players buying their Gems in The Settlers Online…

Or should it currently be called: “The Settlers Offline?”

Because numerous dedicated Players of Ubisoft’s game have been unable to login or play the game since this last Sunday’s Server Crash and some have been experiencing similar problems long before that.

My own personal experience involves The Black Knights adventure with the loss of: two Veteran Generals; six Battle Hardened Generals; two normal Generals; and approximately 2,100 troops consisting of Elite Soldiers, Crossbowman, Cavalry, Militia, and Recruits and also where a visit to the adventure’s Zone or an invite for a Friend to it gets you completely disconnected from the game!

So two Contact Forms and four days on and I have received one generic response from 'The Settlers Online' Support Team which included:

We are currently aware of this issue and do apologize for the delay in responding. We are still investigating the matter and will post updates on the forum as necessary. We apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Also please refrain from sending in multiple tickets about the same issue as we are working hard to assist everyone as soon as we can.”

Let's just say that protection of their customer’s accounts, timely technical support, and courteous communications apparently isn’t Ubisoft’s strong suit…

I wonder if they actually examine how much gem buying (paying) customers that directly contribute to that €50 to €60 million profit are worth keeping happy or do they just expect us to keep paying no matter how inadequate their customer support becomes or until they can come up with the next big game to make people keen on separating themselves from hard earned cash?

How much of that €50 to €60 million in Ubisoft profits would it take to provide top of the line 24/7 support that could be contacted when problems occur and immediately restore the integrity of their game?

I have been playing computer games for over 35 years and I have never seen such poor conduct of business practices from such a profitable company as is currently involved with The Settlers “Online.” Even the Blizzard franchise after suffering under rampant cost cutting greed by Firaxis Games which earned Ds and Fs for their customer support in ratings from the Better Business Bureau didn’t take days or weeks to resolve their Players’ technical issues.

So for me it’s “The Settlers Offline” and I am currently boycotting any more financial contributions such as buying Gems or purchasing other Ubisoft associated merchandise until they get their priorities straight on who provides them prosperity.

After investing so much time and real money I hate to just walk away but depending on the outcome I may just do that and be better for it in the long run…

Respectfully;

Pteris

World
    Zeus
    Quote Originally Posted by KhalidaSehr View Post
    Well it's been 3 or 4 days now for me. My daughter can log in just fine now but if she visits my island it tells her the zone has an error and kicks her offline. I sent in a complaint yesterday and there is a ticket on it but nothing. Maybe when the servers go down tonight they will fix it but i doubt they will give us the daily log in rewards that we should have gotten over the past few days. today woudl have been gem day for me. I'm pissed.
    Well i hope you don't buy any gems today eventhough i'm sure the gem shop is working fine lol
    Ka$pA

World
    Zeus
    It time to issue refunds iv put money into a game i cant play

World
    Zeus
    So i wonder how many accounts have been deleted? King contact your cred card company
    Ka$pA

Recruit
    This is a 'streaming spreadsheet game' like ikariam and Ogame. THOSE games (by Gameforge) run 3 servers in parallel. One preserves the data , one provides a working mirror , one is where the players actively run. When they have these problems , they can fall back on a mirror , roll back to a data set before the crash and bring things back online.

This gives time for the tech arm to find what went wrong while everyone can still play.

They should freeze and boot everyone from advents , putting the advent back in the star menu of the person who launched it, set player islands back to the state they were on the last viable login with gold chain closed and buffs restored. Theres still progress loss this way but at least everyone gets back what they may have spent.

Also game play could be restored without the need of a one week (REALLY?) downtime.

A bot with a set of rules could run the whole stream and set everyone straight in a matter of hours.

I guess BB is new to free to play. Well schools in. Look around you at the existing community , copy what works , avoid what doesnt and get your house in order because your accomplishing all kinds of fail here with the currrent modus opperandi lol.

Reply to Thread